× Members

Back dated ESA

More
1 week 2 days ago #292576 by Slick
Back dated ESA was created by Slick
Hi,

Recently I migrated across to Universal Credit.

I've also been placed in the Limited capability for work and work related activity group and will receive the LCWRA element in my Universal Credit payment.

I understand that I will begin to receive the LCWRA element in Universal Credit after 3 monthly assessment periods from the date I first submitted medical evidence (such as fit notes) showing that my condition limits me to how much work I can do.

Am I correct in thinking that the LCWRA element of Universal Credit is paid from the 14th week onwards and after an assessment period of 13 weeks has ended?

Had I applied for ESA would these payments have been backdated right back to the time I first submitted medical evidence/ fit notes (In other words would I have been entitled to receive payments for the first 13 week assessment period under ESA which differs from Universal Credit rules whereby I don't receive the LCWRA element until after a 13 week assessment period)?

I'm finding online information on the subject difficult to understand.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292598 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Back dated ESA
S

The same 13 week rule applies to ESA as it does to UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.