× Members

ESA Payments - I dont believvvvvvvvvvve it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #21158 by Chris Luff
I started my claim for ESA as from the 1 April 2010 and sent off two certificates which covered me up to the 27 May 2010. I received two payments, the last being paid on the 14 May 2010. No payments received since then. Today I phoned the ESA office to enquire why I hadn't recieved any further payments. They have just phoned back with the answer and in best Victor Meldrew tradition, "I don't believe it!!!"

They can't pay me because my payday is a Friday and my certificate ran out on the Thursday. They can only pay for two weeks (14 Days) and the system wont let them pay me for the 13 days until they have received and processed further certificates.(Which have been sent to them).

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE SYSTEM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
14 years 3 months ago #21195 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:ESA Payments - I dont believvvvvvvvvvve it.
It just goes to prove what we've been saying since it was introduced. ESA was an ill thought out benefit, rushed through Parliament without any real discussion.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Ricardo
14 years 3 months ago #21199 by Ricardo
in addition to Jima's post,
always make sure you get your certificates in on time , and preferably overlapping .
Also send recorded delivery , and keep copies yourself .
I managed to get my GP to write certs for longer periods , so i didn't have to worry too much about sending them in every 2 weeks.
DWP have a thing about overpayments and their systems are set so no overpayments are created. If any overpayment was their fault then this could be challenged , so hence there is no leeway on occasions like this .

Rich

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.