× Members

Successful appeal

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119015 by jonboy46
Successful appeal was created by jonboy46
Appeal allowed - to go from work related activity group to support group, under section 35 ESA regs 2008

In a sort of state of happy shock! Many thanks to the site organisers and contributors.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119021 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Successful appeal
That's great news Jonboy, thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :) If you contact DWP, they should be able to tell you when reassessment can be expected. You can do this by phone (ask for the 'prognosis' ) or you can write and ask for then paperwork associated with your claim. This FAQ will be relevant even if you did not have a face2face assessment.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

It can often take several months before DWP action this and sort out your payment, you can speed this up by sending them a copy of the Tribunal decision letter.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119537 by jonboy46
Replied by jonboy46 on topic Successful appeal
Mrs Hurtyback, many thanks, was wondering why I hadn't heard from the DWP yet! The tribunal also recommended that the Department does not reassess me for 2 years.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Successful appeal

jonboy wrote: Mrs Hurtyback, many thanks, was wondering why I hadn't heard from the DWP yet! The tribunal also recommended that the Department does not reassess me for 2 years.

It usually takes the DWP 6-8 week to process a Tribunal result, you may be able to speed the process up by faxing a copy of the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 1 month ago #119542 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Successful appeal
The tribunal are only able to recommend that you are not reviewed for 2 years, the DWP are not bound by this. The 2 years will also be counted from the date of the original decision rather than the tribunal. However, you might be aware that there is currently a huge delay in reassessments, heaven knows what will happen in the future!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris