× Members

filling in the DLA to PIP FORM

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #130329 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic filling in the DLA to PIP FORM
if I go to this woman at citizens advice tomorrow and ask her to ring them and ask for extra time to send in my form as im having my epidurals on 2nd march so wont even be thinking of forms, do you recon I could get extra time ?

who do I ring at my drs for the subject access request ? how much is my copy of this ???
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #130352 by
Replied by on topic filling in the DLA to PIP FORM

maggieomx wrote: if I go to this woman at citizens advice tomorrow and ask her to ring them and ask for extra time to send in my form as im having my epidurals on 2nd march so wont even be thinking of forms, do you recon I could get extra time ?

who do I ring at my drs for the subject access request ? how much is my copy of this ???

Hi momx,

If it is deemed that you need an extension to the deadline, a request can be made to The DWP, you might be able to secure a 2 week extension, but they have no obligation to grant this.

If an extension is to be granted, we recommend that you gain written confirmation.

You could discuss this issue with The CAB Adviser, as previously advised you can send on fresh evidence after the PIP 2 Form has been returned.

The information regarding how much you can be charged for obtaining copies of your G.P. records is included in the link that I have previously provided : Here. :

Charging for medical records

"Health records held electronically: up to a maximum £10 charge.

Health records held in part electronically and in part on other media (paper, x-ray film): up to a maximum £50 charge.

Health records held totally on other media: up to a maximum £50 charge."

So the cost depend on what format your records are held in, and can vary from £10 to a maximum of £50.

I recently obtained a friend's complete G.P. records on CD, and the cost was £10.

You should contact your G.P. Reception as previously advised, you will have to sign a form, so you would have to go in, or send a letter requesting them.

Again, your CAB Adviser may be able to help here.

bro58

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #130356 by maggieomx
thanks bro been to the meeting with cab she mostly filledin the form iv just got to fill in drs name ect,
I am going to get my drs records and send them on when I get them , im going to fone the hospital in a while to see if I can get any leters off them,

just need to ask one question ifi ask for a mandatory review ?? will I still get my money from dla ? is it just an appeal you don't get paid whilst its going on ??

you are a star xx

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #130357 by

maggieomx wrote: thanks bro been to the meeting with cab she mostly filledin the form iv just got to fill in drs name ect,
I am going to get my drs records and send them on when I get them , im going to fone the hospital in a while to see if I can get any leters off them,

just need to ask one question ifi ask for a mandatory review ?? will I still get my money from dla ? is it just an appeal you don't get paid whilst its going on ??

you are a star xx

Hi momx,

You may find that your G.P. records include letters from Consultants and reports from any X-rays or MRI's that you might of had.

If an adverse PIP decision is made, in that you do not receive any PIP award at all, your current rate of DLA will continue in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the adverse PIP award.

After that, all payments would stop, so if you requested an MR/Appeal under that scenario you would receive no payments whatsoever whilst the MR/Appeals process was ongoing.

If however you did receive a PIP Award as a result of a successful MR/Appeal any payments owed as a result of this would be backdated to the the date of the original adverse PIP decision.

In a scenario where you received a Standard Rate PIP Award, but wanted to challenge it to obtain an Enhanced Award, again your current rate of DLA would remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of this PIP decision, then the new Standard Rate PIP Award payments would begin.

Payment of the Standard Rate PIP would remain in payment whilst the MR/Appeals process was ongoing.

As with the first scenario, if you were successful at the MR/Appeals stage and given an Enhanced PIP Award, any difference in money owed between the Standard Award and The Enhanced Award would be backdated and paid from the date of the original Standard Rate PIP Award.

So basically, whatever the outcome is of your transfer to PIP, that decision will remain once 4 weeks have passed, until you are either successful at The MR, or if not then, at The Appeal.

If you are not successful at either The MR or Appeal stage, the original adverse decision will remain in force.

bro58

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #130512 by maggieomx
hiya bro58 thanks for the reply not been to good I got cab to fill in my pip form shes left a few bits for me to fill in drs addresses n hospital consultants ect
I did what you send sent a signed letter to my doctor for subject access of my hospital records what I would like to ask you is what wording do I put on the pip for to tell them that I am not sending any evidence with the form but when I get doctors files I will forward evidence from them to the pip people ,
you know im stupid when it comes to form filling and writing letters ect just want to know I am putting right the right wording to let them know im sending evidence at a later date tankyou for helping me x
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

9 years 3 months ago #130516 by

maggieomx wrote: hiya bro58 thanks for the reply not been to good I got cab to fill in my pip form shes left a few bits for me to fill in drs addresses n hospital consultants ect
I did what you send sent a signed letter to my doctor for subject access of my hospital records what I would like to ask you is what wording do I put on the pip for to tell them that I am not sending any evidence with the form but when I get doctors files I will forward evidence from them to the pip people ,
you know im stupid when it comes to form filling and writing letters ect just want to know I am putting right the right wording to let them know im sending evidence at a later date tankyou for helping me x

Hi momx,

You can simply type up a short letter on and A4, stating something like :

" I have requested copy of my Medical Records from my G.P. I have also requested records from Hospitals that I have been treated at in the past.

Once I have received these records, I will forward any relevant extracts to you. This information can then be used as additional supporting evidence in conjunction with my PIP 2 Form."

Remember to put your Name, Address, NI Number and DOB at the top of the page. (Along with the date)

Keep a copy !!

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.