× Members

ESA indefinitely?

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #130787 by jacksmum1
ESA indefinitely? was created by jacksmum1
Hi everyone, I applied for ESA in 2011 after being called for medical assessment I received a telephones call (ATOS) stating that. I was too ill to work and placed in support group, which was great as I am now medically retired at the age of 60yrs. My question is....since I have never been reassessed does this mean I am awarded ESA indefinitely or will this stop at the age when I should have retired in 3 years time? Also, how can I get a copy of my ESA report?? Any help would be great, thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #130803 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA indefinitely?

jacksmum1 wrote: Hi everyone, I applied for ESA in 2011 after being called for medical assessment I received a telephones call (ATOS) stating that. I was too ill to work and placed in support group, which was great as I am now medically retired at the age of 60yrs. My question is....since I have never been reassessed does this mean I am awarded ESA indefinitely or will this stop at the age when I should have retired in 3 years time? Also, how can I get a copy of my ESA report?? Any help would be great, thank you.

Hi jm1,

Theoretically all ESA awards are indefinite.

However, in reality each and every award, WRAG or SG comes with a recommended period before reassessment. (The Prognosis)

See : How often will I be reviewed

Normally, the absolute maximum prognosis would be for 3 years, however since Jan 2014 all reassessments were deferred due to the huge backlog in the ESA system.

We now have other members who are in the 4th year of what was originally a 2 or 3 year prognosis due to this.

If/when the ESA system is up and running properly once more, you can expect to receive periodic reassessments until you reach State Pension Age.

Further information on how you can request ESA Documentation and information can be found in : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.