× Members

Premature PIP Review and Mandatory Reconsideration

More
8 years 6 months ago #142768 by Samantha
In April 2015 I was awarded PIP from June 2013 to August 2016, however in August this year I received a letter saying "We're looking at your Personal Independence Payment again" and asking me to complete and submit another claim form. I thought this was odd as I had already been told I would be paid until August 2016 but went ahead and sent it in and later attended an appointment with a Health Professional as requested.

Despite filling the form almost identically to the first one 2 years ago (as not much has changed with my condition) and telling the HP as much, they have decided that am am not entitled to PIP as "I don't meet the criteria" and have suspended payments.

I intend to request a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if necessary but my question is: Is this review even valid if the DWP originally said I would be paid until August 2016 in the original decision letter last year?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142781 by Gordon

elizalip wrote: In April 2015 I was awarded PIP from June 2013 to August 2016, however in August this year I received a letter saying "We're looking at your Personal Independence Payment again" and asking me to complete and submit another claim form. I thought this was odd as I had already been told I would be paid until August 2016 but went ahead and sent it in and later attended an appointment with a Health Professional as requested.

Despite filling the form almost identically to the first one 2 years ago (as not much has changed with my condition) and telling the HP as much, they have decided that am am not entitled to PIP as "I don't meet the criteria" and have suspended payments.

I intend to request a mandatory reconsideration and then appeal if necessary but my question is: Is this review even valid if the DWP originally said I would be paid until August 2016 in the original decision letter last year?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I'm afraid the DWP is reviewing the vast majority of fixed term awards a year in advance of the award ending, the original Decision Letter you received should have informed you of this. Unfortunately the PIP legislation allows the DWP to re-assess a claim at any time and for any reason.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Samantha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.