× Members

Feeling a bit uneasy

More
8 years 10 months ago #142850 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Thank you for clarifying that for me Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #143155 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Feeling a bit uneasy
Hi all again,

I know that this is probably the same question, but just looking at reassurance really.

Following on from my problem of atos being unable to offer me another appointment when I was unable to attend, I have spoken to dept today and they have said that they have received notification of me not being able to attend and the four pages of notes on my calls made in an attempt to rearrange and they say it is now off to a case manager who should receive it next week to make a decision as to if my reasons are acceptable and if they will refer it back to atos.

I am just looking to see if anyone has any experience of this and to tell you my reasons and ask for opinion from the experienced mods on here as to what they think is likely to be the case managers response.

My first assessment was canceled so when I rang I asked for a closer centre so the only date they could offer was Monday just gone, this unfortunately is half term and with a six and mine year old I told atos this may be tricky and they said I could ring nearer the time to change. Anyway, last Friday I had to ring to try to change the appointment as unfortunately my partner and carer is poorly and also I had no childcare. I am unable to attend on my own due to needing a wheelchair out doors as I am unable to walk more than 20 meters, so attending was impossible. When I rang on the Friday there were no appointments available bar one forty or so miles away.

the lady suggested that I either ring back Monday to try to get an alternative appointment or failing that if I did not attend it would go back to dept and they would reissue the request, no mention of decisions to be made, all sounded straight forward procedure. Being a little untrusting I rang dept who confirmed all that I had been told, again no mention of casemanager.

When I rang today to check that all was going through the system, the lady said when the case manger looks at it they will decide if my reasons are acceptable and if not my claim will be disallowed.

Well I think this is all a little deceiving and to say the least very stressful, my Fla to pip transfer started 29/5/2015 and I have to say I have never felt so ill!!

But my main question was, any thoughts on the chances of my claim being disallowed, as I think that will finish me off and any personal experienced please.

Thank you all and best wishes to everyone and as always thanks to this great site

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #150729 by bubbles
Hi everyone

Just wanted to give an update of my dla to pip journey.

My file went back to dwp and they deemed my reasons for me not attending my appointment as acceptable and duly sent my file back to atos to make me another appointment, they received it on 17th November. I got a letter from my gp to explain why I could not travel nearly fifty miles and that I would need an assessment in my town, which has there centres, one of which is less than a mile away. I sent a copy to dwp and aria by recorded delivery and rang them both to confirm receipt of said letters.

I have on and off rang atos and dwp over the last twelve weeks since my file went back to find out the progress and kept being told that an appointment would be made as soon and to be patient.......since I had my so called invitation in June and this is on my mind 24/7 I think my patience is running out.

Anyway, low and behold yesterday I received a letter from Atos with an appointment for the 22/2 at 9am in, wait for it, the same centre nearly fifty miles away where the original appointment was for.

Well I have to say that I don't believe in coincidence and firmly believe that this a deliberate act by Atos to bully claimants.

Needless to say that I have rang dwp today to complain and asked for a callback and have also emailed my MP to tell him of the whole sorry state.

I have absolutely got to the end of my tether with this, the last mine months have been very stressful and all I want to do is get to the end of the process now.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all and I will keep you posted on what happens next.

Thanks for.listening :P

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 7 months ago #151446 by bubbles
Just another update, after a week and a half of stress, countless letters and phonecalls and the involvement of my MP, i have at last had my appointment changed to a centre in the town i live, still have the awful wait, its on the 7th march and i am absolutely dreading it, but at least its local.

I did have a very helpful person from DWP head office ring me in the end and he did say thst the assessment providers DO have to go by any GP supporting advice regarding any problems with travelling etc.

So if anyone gets given an appointment really far away and your medical condition makes it impossible, then you must try to get a letter of support from your GP, that way they have to change it.

I must admit I am at breaking point and wouldn't be surprised if I have a nervous breakdown at the assessment itself, the stress of it all is just a nightmare when you are in pain, struggle with everyday things and feel unwell from all the medication!! When will it end!

Anyway, thanks for listening, if i have the strength of mind, I will let you know how it goes.

Best wishes. B

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.