× Members

ESA was stopped

More
8 years 5 months ago #145115 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic ESA was stopped
Hello Gordon

Tomorrow I have my PIP assessment. I am very anxious, but am trying to take heart from others whom have posted on their more positive assessments.

It is not clear on the letter sent to me whether I need to take all my medications in their boxes, my dosette box or just my repeat prescription plus new medication that is not on the repeat.

Can anyone advise me what to take.

Secondly I have not heard from the dwp regarding my letter I sent them via recorded delivery asking why they temporarily stopped my ESA and what I should do differently next time.
What would you advise I do next.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145124 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA was stopped
Matey

I would take you last repeat prescription form and the boxes for any medication that is not included.

You can make a complaint to the DWP about the failure to respond to your letter

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matey, TheHud

More
8 years 4 months ago #146086 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic ESA was stopped
Hello Gordon

I have today received the assessment report from my PIP assessment a couple of weeks ago, I have not yet received the decision makers report.

According to my assessment report, I will not be entitled to either the care or mobility component.

I am hoping you can tell me where I can find more information regarding 'managing incontinence of the bowel' and what that actually means regarding the point scoring, and how the dwp consider managing, as astonishingly I received no points in this category, in my assessor so opinion.

Many thanks.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146088 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA was stopped

Matey wrote: Hello Gordon

I have today received the assessment report from my PIP assessment a couple of weeks ago, I have not yet received the decision makers report.

According to my assessment report, I will not be entitled to either the care or mobility component.

I am hoping you can tell me where I can find more information regarding 'managing incontinence of the bowel' and what that actually means regarding the point scoring, and how the dwp consider managing, as astonishingly I received no points in this category, in my assessor so opinion.

Many thanks.

The legal definitions of the criteria for each activity are included in the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should also have a look at the PIP Appeal guide (same link) that explains your options for challenging the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matey

More
8 years 4 months ago #146715 by Matey
Replied by Matey on topic DLA to PIP - no award
Hello all,

I have today received a very unwanted Christmas present, of my decision letter, telling me I have not been awarded either element of PIP.

I have studied activity 5. Managing toilet needs and incontinence, but I cannot understand what meets the descriptor of e. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of either bladder or bowel.

All I was asked at my PIP medical assessment was 'Can you get on and off a toilet'?

What actually constitutes 'Managing'?

Many thanks.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146718 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - no award

Matey wrote: Hello all,

I have today received a very unwanted Christmas present, of my decision letter, telling me I have not been awarded either element of PIP.

I have studied activity 5. Managing toilet needs and incontinence, but I cannot understand what meets the descriptor of e. Needs assistance to be able to manage incontinence of either bladder or bowel.

All I was asked at my PIP medical assessment was 'Can you get on and off a toilet'?

What actually constitutes 'Managing'?

Many thanks.

If you look in the PIP Claim guide these terms are defined.

“manage incontinence” means manage involuntary evacuation of the bowel or bladder, including use a collecting device or self-catheterisation, and clean oneself afterwards.

You should also have a look at the PIP Assessment guide which explains how the DWP view the activities.

Gordon

Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matey

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.