× Members

Pip appeal hearing

More
8 years 5 months ago #143488 by triciatext
Pip appeal hearing was created by triciatext
Hi
My daughter has an appeal for her pip mobility in two weeks time. I have been dealing with her claim and the appeal on her behalf. I requested an oral hearing but now want to change this as she will not be able to cope with attending the hearing. She has aspergers and doesn't go out anywhere on her own she is 17. I would like some advice as to whether her hearing can now be changed.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #143500 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip appeal hearing
You can ring or write and cancel the appointment and ask for a paper assessment.

You could try asking for a home visit. You should have already done this. Usually a doctors note is required to back up your request. They will probably say it is too late now but its worth a try.

One of the other mods may know if you can enforce this right at this late time. The only thing with a paper assessment is obviously they can't see you and ask questions etc. they purely go on the paperwork. Are you confident you supplied a good amount of supporting evidence for them to make a fair decision?

More
8 years 5 months ago #143519 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal hearing
scarymary

I doubt that they would say it was too late, but it has become increasingly difficult to get a domiciliary hearing agreed to be the Tribunal Service, you could also ask whether it would be possible to have the hearing held over Skype or a similar video conferencing service or even just over the telephone, this has been done in the past.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143660 by triciatext
Replied by triciatext on topic Pip appeal hearing
Thanks
I will write and ask for a paper assessment. I have provided a lot of evidence most of which the DWP ignored. They also said that my daughter can drive ( she can't.but has a provisional licence) and that because she can buy online she is able to budget, what this has to do with an appeal against no award for the mobility element of PIP is a mystery to me! I don't think there is much more evidence that I can supply. I have used your very helpful guide in my submission . It makes me really cross that she didn't get any award for her mobility as she can't go out on her own. I guess it is just a way for the DWP to save money as most people will just give up.
Many thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #143671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal hearing

scarymary wrote: Thanks
I will write and ask for a paper assessment. I have provided a lot of evidence most of which the DWP ignored. They also said that my daughter can drive ( she can't.but has a provisional licence) and that because she can buy online she is able to budget, what this has to do with an appeal against no award for the mobility element of PIP is a mystery to me! I don't think there is much more evidence that I can supply. I have used your very helpful guide in my submission . It makes me really cross that she didn't get any award for her mobility as she can't go out on her own. I guess it is just a way for the DWP to save money as most people will just give up.
Many thanks

Best of luck. If you feel up to it let us know how you get on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #143673 by hicky1
Replied by hicky1 on topic Pip appeal hearing
I'm a bit confused Surely your daughter having a provisional driving licence or being able to drive shouldn't effect your daughters pip claim as don't you need the mobility rate to qualify for a mobility car?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.