× Members

Paper based Indefinite DLA, carried forward to PIP

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #143991 by Tnuctip
I have/had an Indefinite DLA award from Oct 14 until invited into the PIP circus mid-October. Last time, a phone call for claim progress found my original claim had been received, then lost. The day my duplicate claim arrived, I was phoned the result - a paper-based assessment (Med C and High M, thanks to your guides).
Was this standard practice for lost DLA claims? Or Indefinite awards?
My PIP transfer claim has just entered the system ahead of it's deadline, and I have an extra copy ready to post just in case.
Can I expect a quick paper decision or am I now Up-The-Creek, and heading for the rapids?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144001 by bro58

Tnuctip wrote: I have/had an Indefinite DLA award from Oct 14 until invited into the PIP circus mid-October. Last time, a phone call for claim progress found my original claim had been received, then lost. The day my duplicate claim arrived, I was phoned the result - a paper-based assessment (Med C and High M, thanks to your guides).
Was this standard practice for lost DLA claims? Or Indefinite awards?
My PIP transfer claim has just entered the system ahead of it's deadline, and I have an extra copy ready to post just in case.
Can I expect a quick paper decision or am I now Up-The-Creek, and heading for the rapids?

Hi Tn,

It seems to have been the norm for some time to review DLA awards on paper without face to face assessments.

Probably due to it being wound down due to PIP taking over.

Whether or not you have to go through a face to face assessment for PIP will be dependent on whether The Assessment Provider (ATOS or Capita) feel that they have enough information to make a paper based assessment.

Currently, feedback from most members is that they are going through face to face assessments.

Where applicable, they seem to be receiving appointments for a face to face within a fortnight of returning their PIP 2 Form.

So there is no way of predicting whether you will have to take part in a face to face or not.

See : This Post

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.