× Members

ESA (NOTIFICATION OF HOLIDAYS)

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144048 by Fizgog1
ESA (NOTIFICATION OF HOLIDAYS) was created by Fizgog1
Since reading a few posts on here I have come to realize that you should inform the DWP if you're in the support group of ESA if you're going away on holiday? I was totally unaware of this and would still be if it wasn't for this site!!!. I have been in the support group contributory (not income related) for three years and have had two day's away in the first year. I am a bit concerned.

I also better check with you (just in case) does savings affect the above mentioned ESA??
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144052 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA (NOTIFICATION OF HOLIDAYS)

Fizgog1 wrote: Since reading a few posts on here I have come to realize that you should inform the DWP if you're in the support group of ESA if you're going away on holiday? I was totally unaware of this and would still be if it wasn't for this site!!!. I have been in the support group contributory (not income related) for three years and have had two day's away in the first year. I am a bit concerned.

I also better check with you (just in case) does savings affect the above mentioned ESA??

Hi Fg1,

I wouldn't worry about Holidays/Breaks that you have already taken.

Regarding your other query, being in The SG or indeed The WRAG has no relevance to any capital assets and savings that you may have.

It is the "type" of ESA in either The WRAG or The SG that is relevant, i.e. Contribution Based (CB) ESA or Income Related (IR) ESA.

If you are being paid CB ESA only, then there is no restriction on the amount of capital, assets and savings that you may have.

If all or any part of your ESA is IR ESA then this is subject to a means test with respect to capital, assets, savings, other household income and any hours worked by a partner if you have one.

(Remember, it is possible to be paid CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups, under that scenario the IR ESA part would be liable to the means test)

See the following :

Asset rule for receipt of IR ESA

&

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The only other "rule" regarding household income to be aware of with receipt of CB ESA only is an £85/Week disregard rule with respect to being paid a Works/Occupational Pension.

Where the first £85/Week of any Works Pension is disregarded then any amount in excess of that is deducted from your weekly CB ESA at a rate of 50 pence in the pound. (50%)

e.g. Works Pension = £105/Week - £85 disregard = an excess of £20/Week, 50% of this excess = £10/Week, so in this example £10/Week would be deducted from your weekly CB ESA payments.

For IR ESA any other household income such as a Works Pension would be deducted £ for £ from your IR ESA entitlement.

I hope that explains it.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144057 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic ESA (NOTIFICATION OF HOLIDAYS)
Thanks bro58; in regards to your following statement

Remember, it is possible to be paid CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups, under that scenario the IR ESA part would be liable to the means test)

My partner receives carer's allowance and works 12 hours a week. All I receive is ESA (contribution) and DLA, no pensions. We pay full council tax etc. I assume that certainly means no IR top-ups?? I am questioning everything now.

Thanks for all your help

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144060 by bro58

Fizgog1 wrote: Thanks bro58; in regards to your following statement

Remember, it is possible to be paid CB ESA with IR ESA top-ups, under that scenario the IR ESA part would be liable to the means test)

My partner receives carer's allowance and works 12 hours a week. All I receive is ESA (contribution) and DLA, no pensions. We pay full council tax etc. I assume that certainly means no IR top-ups?? I am questioning everything now.

Thanks for all your help

Hi Fg1,

From what you have written, it seems that you are in receipt of CB ESA only, with no Works Pension, so "no worries" !

As a indication, if you are over 25 years old in receipt of CB ESA only in The SG with no IR ESA top-ups you would be paid :

£73.10/Week ESA Personal Allowance

+

£36.20/Week SG Component Addition

Total CB ESA = £109.30/Week (£218.60/Fortnight)

Benefit Rates 2015/16

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #144062 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic ESA (NOTIFICATION OF HOLIDAYS)
Thanks...you're a star.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #144063 by bro58

Fizgog1 wrote: Thanks...you're a star.

Hi Fg1,

You're welcome !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.