× Members

Medical assessment by Capita in two weeks

More
8 years 5 months ago #144076 by cossack
HI, I am in receipt of DLA. I was awarded HR care and mobility for an 'indefinite' period as a result of suffering secondary progressive MS. I received a letter in Oct inviting me to apply for PIP, which I have done. It was due back on the 7th Nov. I posted it on the 4th by recorded delivery, and I know they received in on the 5th Nov. Spent everyday for a two week period filling in the booklet, using the excellent guide from B and W. Sent loads of med notes from my neurologist, MS nurse, MRI's and results etc. I received a letter from Capita dated the 6th Nov saying they've "had, or are currently waiting for evidence from the contacts I have provided". How have they managed in just 2 days to make a decision to call me in for an assessment. Don't they have to justify why they're calling you in? I've been informed that Capita want me to attend an assessment on the 26th Nov. Trying to keep calm, but am worried. Have some ques that I hope you could help me with -

1. Can I ask the HCP what their med background is in relation to neurological conditions such as MS? Nicely, not confrontationally so I know how much terminology to use etc
2. Can I ask why they've called me in for an assessment given the wealth of med evidence I enclosed supporting my application?
3. Is everybody being called in regardless?
4. Is there anything in particular re Capita I should be aware of?

Can't believe how quickly this has all happened - started the beginning of Oct to an assessment the end of Nov. Will read B and W notes on what to expect at an assessment. Thanks in advance. Will keep you all updated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144097 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Medical assessment by Capita in two weeks
There's no need to worry at the speed of their response. It differs from area to area.
They do not have to justify calling you in. They rarely make a decision just based on the paperwork unfortunately. You will be entitled to a copy of anything they get from anyone they contact although it is unlikely they will contact anyone, they just say that to cover any eventuality.

1) yes you can ask. A friendly manner is a good idea, as you say it can help you guage how much expert knowledge they have to assist the level of detail you provide although you should plough ahead regardless and use their lack of knowledge against them if you need to appeal.

2) its best not to query their methodology as such. Just wait for them to ask questions.

3) see above. Paper based decisions are rare.

4) any information on Capita in particular is included in the guides.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144121 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic Medical assessment by Capita in two weeks
Thank you for your quick response. I'll just have to wait and see

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.