× Members

PIP medical arranged quickly

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #144322 by shimtoan
PIP medical arranged quickly was created by shimtoan
I sent my PIP form off last week (recorded delivery) as it needed to be in by Sunday 15/11/15. It was signed for on Thursday 12/11/15.

Today, I received a phonecall from Capita to arrange my Assessment. It's been booked for 9/12/15.

My partner and I thought it was pretty soon for them to be ringing us as they couldn't have had enough time to read through my form and all the supporting evidence we sent, which was a lot.

Is it common for them to ring before reading your paperwork, or are they quick readers?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144332 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP medical arranged quickly
Hi shimtoan,

Yes, we are seeing the PIP process being undertaken very rapidly at the moment, in stark contrast with the 1 year+ at the beginning. The rate at which the decision is reached does not seem to bear any relation to the outcome so it is impossible to predict how this might turn out for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: shimtoan

More
8 years 5 months ago #144374 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic PIP medical arranged quickly
I second this too.
I was under capita & my first assessment was for 2 wks after i submitted papers. It got cancelled ( i think because the assessor was my neighbour which wasn't allowed) so waited another 2 weeks for next home visit.

I got my reward through just 2 weeks after the home visit. Really quick all in all & the asssessor said they were really caught up now. Good luck!

More
8 years 5 months ago #144469 by tommotompkins
Replied by tommotompkins on topic PIP medical arranged quickly
There's nothing unusual here. My PIP form ( which was only used to point the reader towards my own, appended version) was pretty lengthy. It was sent out recorded delivery and was with the DWP 14 days ago. My consultation appointment letter arrived 7 days ago; scheduled for three weeks from their receipt of documentation
I was not offered a home visit (as I'd had for DLA) and more worrying, was directed to an assessment centre about 40 miles away.
On contacting Atos by phone, I was offered a centre in my own area (a matter of minutes away) and could be seen a lot sooner (today).
Although daunting ( in a heck of a lot of pain at the moment) I genuinely welcomed the chance to get it over with.
So, 14 days from my form landing at the DWP - I've been assessed.

I was feeling rough (retching and crying with the pain and the shame of vomming in a waiting room) but felt that the staff treated me very well. Kindness, tissues, bags and bins were proffered and I was given the option of postponing the test.
I told the Disability Analyst that I would like to get it over with - and explained that it was both my pain and a reaction to painkillers and that it was pretty normal for me.
The DA had actually read the report and kept the questions to a minimum - no dumb patronizing about pet ownership.
During the test, I was not forced to do anything that would hurt me and wasn't asked to make an attempt at walking . The Disability Analyst made eye contact and seemed human and considerate; unlike the screen-obsessed battleaxe that I encountered during my initial DLA claim.
I'd like to believe it was all genuine - but don't want to raise my hopes - since - what actually ends up on my report remains to be seen!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.