× Members

Esa Medical - additional health problems

• Lynne B
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144408 by Lynne B
Hi, I have my face to face ESA medical this week. Since sending the ESA50 ( mainly back and joint conditions) I have began to suffer with 2 additional problems - depression and also neck pain. I am hoping they wrote to my GP and should therefore know about my depression, but the neck pain only began very recently (seeing GP on 30.11.15 earliest), but it is now daily.

I will obviously raise these 2 new issues, but was I supposed to notify them beforehand - is this likely to go against me? Just want to be fore-armed.

Also, should the decision not go in my favour, what date does payment stop? from date of Assessment or when they advise you the outcome please?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa Medical - additional health problems

Lynne B wrote: Hi, I have my face to face ESA medical this week. Since sending the ESA50 ( mainly back and joint conditions) I have began to suffer with 2 additional problems - depression and also neck pain. I am hoping they wrote to my GP and should therefore know about my depression, but the neck pain only began very recently (seeing GP on 30.11.15 earliest), but it is now daily.

I will obviously raise these 2 new issues, but was I supposed to notify them beforehand - is this likely to go against me? Just want to be fore-armed.

Also, should the decision not go in my favour, what date does payment stop? from date of Assessment or when they advise you the outcome please?

Many thanks

If you are having a face to face assessment then I think it very unlikely that they have contacted your GP.

You can provide updated information on the day, write a letter explaining your new conditions and how they effect you in context to the ESA Descriptors. Take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file, they are required to do this, I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker.

Doing this should not be an issue in regard your claim.

If they find you Fit for Work then your payments will be stopped from the day that the Decision is made, ESA is paid two weekly in arrears so there will not be an overpayment.

Best of luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.