× Members

PIP renewal timescale

More
8 years 5 months ago #144450 by Heddwen Ede
PIP renewal timescale was created by Heddwen Ede
I have just sent in my PIP renewal application form. I am currently claiming PIP but need to re-apply as the 2 years is up (never awarded DLA). I got caught up in ATOS backlog last time so payments have only been received for a year.

My questions are how long is it on average before I hear anything and get renewal sorted out?

Will I continue to receive payment of current amount regularly?

If all carries on smoothly is there a likelihood I will be asked for repayment of an overclaim etc?

I am very concerned as I rely on the basic PIP I currently receive, without which I wouldn't be able to eat. Im not ungrateful for it but it does barely feed me for 2 out of 4 weeks as it is and my condition (being life long) has worsened over the past 2 years.

Am I likely to be asked to reapply again in a few more years? Or as it's lifelong condition what happens from here on?

What am I entitled to if Iose the PIP? I already had ESA but as I was in the short term support group it was removed after 365 days rule, thankfully though the PIP then kicked in just in time to take over, despite receiving a massive cut to income, albeit a benefits income.

Im also now worries as I just read there's a threat to Tax Credits (my husband is Self Employed) and Housing Benefits still to come next too!?

I was really hoping it would all be sorted within a few weeks especially with the festive season looming and I have to support additional family needing to come to stay then as well.

Thanks for patience of my first post and any helpful advice :)

:ohmy: :unsure: :huh: :( :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144470 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP renewal timescale
Hi
Unfortunately its impossible to give a timescale, it differs depending on where you live and how many claims they have to deal with. Some people on here have reported a face to face appointment within two weeks, others are waiting months.
While it is ongoing you will receive money as normal. Nothing will change until you get a decision. There is no chance of an overpayment. If your award drops they will notify you in the decision of when your payment will reduce or stop. You will continue to be assessed at intervals set in your decision letters until you reach retirement age when everything will change due to becoming a pensioner.
As your condition has worsened you could make a fresh application for ESA and see if you could get in the support group which would not be income based. You could also claim income support.
Perhaps family coming for Xmas would help you out financially rather than expect you to find additional funds from your benefits.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.