× Members

Possible online only PIP claims

• Amasis
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144462 by Amasis
Possible online only PIP claims was created by Amasis
In the current newsletter email Steve mentions a new PIP claim form being created, the possibility of PIP claims becoming online only, and how difficult claiming online might become. I anticipate volunteers will be asked to test this form for the DWP, and have suspicions about how they might pick the volunteers for that. A few days ago I applied for remission of fees for a court application (I get Pension Guarantee Credit so am eligible). It was a two-minute job to fill in the form, mostly tick boxes. At the court office the counter clerk asked if I would be prepared to give user feedback on how the form was to use, he said it would be a quick phone call. I said yes, and this morning received an email from someone at the Justice Department asking for that feedback, for which I'd get a £50 High Street voucher, and said she'd like to visit me to discuss it, which would take an hour or possibly more. My hackles went up straightaway. The MoJ want to send someone to visit me for more than an hour to discuss a two-page form? Yeah, right. After the dreadful experience I've had with the DWP's mistakes and delays this year which put me in danger of being evicted from my home through no fault of my own, damaged my health and had me threatening them with legal action, I wouldn't put it past the MoJ/DWP to use this excuse to visit me at home and see how I actually live with my maximum DLA award + Severe Disability Premium. If anyone here is asked to 'give feedback on such and such form' do, please, consider that the request might not be as benign as it seems. I'm sorry to sound rather paranoid, but I have very good reasons, it's called experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144484 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Possible online only PIP claims
On the face of it it does seem overkill for such a simple exercise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.