× Members

bladder bowel

• thomasnireland
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago #144466 by thomasnireland
bladder bowel was created by thomasnireland
The only exceptions are:
8. Absence or loss of control over extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or bladder.
The support group descriptor requires you to lose control at least once a week, whereas the
15 point descriptor only requires once a month. In every other respect it is identical.

my question is i need to go to the toilet within 10-15 seconds every day i get a pain in my stomach bowel nerve on the back its rare that i dont make it but if i didnt i would soil wet myself everwere i go i need to be close to a toilet so would this descriptor apply?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144499 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic bladder bowel
If you lose control every day then you seem to fit the descriptor.
Is there any physical restriction to the distance you can cover in 10-15 seconds like mobility issues? You need to consider how close the toilet needs to be for you to make it within the timescale. Also is it the same time every day so you can anticipate that it is going to happen and act accordingly. Also is it only once a day so once it happens you don't have to worry til the next day or is it two, three times a day?

If you consider the above and any other angle that may be queried you can give a detailed account of how you are affected every day. Ultimately how many points it scores will be determined by the decision maker taking all evidence into account.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144506 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic bladder bowel

thomasnireland wrote: The only exceptions are:
8. Absence or loss of control over extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or bladder.
The support group descriptor requires you to lose control at least once a week, whereas the
15 point descriptor only requires once a month. In every other respect it is identical.

my question is i need to go to the toilet within 10-15 seconds every day i get a pain in my stomach bowel nerve on the back its rare that i dont make it but if i didnt i would soil wet myself everwere i go i need to be close to a toilet so would this descriptor apply?

I'm afraid the ESA Continence Descriptor is far more complicated than this, if I remember rightly there are at least six elements, all of which must be met by a claimant in order for them to score points.

If you have a look at the ESA Claim guides you will see the criteria that has to be met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.