× Members

PIP Awarded 4/015. had another visit to reassess

More
8 years 4 months ago #145218 by Kazzy
Sorry if any duplication, will keep simple.

Jan 2014 PIP Assessment
REJECTED
Sept 2014 Called to tell me a second home assessment (previous HCP quit)
REJECTED

Went for Appeal.
April 2015 given standard rate and mobility and appeal cancelled

PIP due to end August 2016.

Had to have 'interim home reassessment Sept 2015)
Letter Nov 2015 apologising for not get back to me regarding their decision as if
I should still be getting PIP.

Spoke with CAB they were surprised I should receive a letter saying that
Is this normal procedure for people already receiving PIP?

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145229 by Waf
Hello Kazzy,

though only a personal opinion, I think "standard" in terms of PIP (and ESA), is currently a subjective term. There are ongoing political and administrative changes within the benefits system.

The important things to look at here are;-

Do you have a decision letter which clearly states the dates for which you qualify for PIP and the amount you will receive?

Is your benefit being paid on time, the correct amount and into the correct account?

As there was a delay, due to your successful appeals, has the amount you receive been back dated to the original date of your claim?

have you received any back dated pay?

In terms of continued support I suggest you remain with the CAB as we are not equipped to deal with detail on this site, You are talking about the details of letters and no advisor can proceed sight unseen of documents. This does not mean you can't come here for more generalist guidance in the future.

However my experience suggests that if they are apologising, you have been doing things correctly.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145325 by Kazzy
Many thanks for your response.

Well I found out on Saturday they are STOPPING MY PIP from 7/1/2016!a

Yes I do have a copy of the confirmation letter from the dated 10 April 2015 telling me
the award was 10 April 2015 to August 2016

Yes I also received back payment!as

Yes I am sticking with the CAB, I have been for he last 26 months.
I think it has something to do with not being awarded any points at my WCA.

So I went from 12 points and now they tell me 2.
Is the confirmation of award worth the value of the paper it is printed on??

They they I'm going to sit back, tough I am going to fight.
Great site and so glad I joined.
Your time is really appreciated.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145337 by Gordon
Kazzy

It sounds as if you have been re-assessed a year in advance of your PIP award ending, this appears to be standard.

As it would have resulted in a new Decision on your claim, you have full appeal rights to challenge it.

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guides and related documents on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

It's not clear from your join date whether you were able to use our PIP Claim guides to complete your latest PIP2 form, it would be worth your going through this with the assessment report to make sure that you have satisfied all of the requirements to score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.