× Members

ESA50 Form

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145242 by Johnny
ESA50 Form was created by Johnny
Hi again

I'm in ESA support group. It's been a few years since I've filed out an ESA form and was curious about any changes I might expect within the current ESA50 when I receive notice of reassessment.
Having had a brief look at the current ESA50 it looks as if its split in 2 main sections, that of physical health issues/abilities and that of mental health issues/abilities. My question is: If in my case the reason for being in Support Group is due to mental health reasons, do I have to fill out the first section of the ESA50 which pertains to physical health?

Any feedback would be helpful.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #145253 by
Replied by on topic ESA50 Form

Johnny wrote: Hi again

I'm in ESA support group. It's been a few years since I've filed out an ESA form and was curious about any changes I might expect within the current ESA50 when I receive notice of reassessment.
Having had a brief look at the current ESA50 it looks as if its split in 2 main sections, that of physical health issues/abilities and that of mental health issues/abilities. My question is: If in my case the reason for being in Support Group is due to mental health reasons, do I have to fill out the first section of the ESA50 which pertains to physical health?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Hi J,

You should respond to all questions even if it is to state not applicable (N/A) or No.!

Even though they say that you can only score points in the "physical" section if you suffer limitations as a result of "physical" limitations, and points in the "mental health" section as a result of mental health issues, you should answer all applicable question regarding all limitations that you suffer, mental and/or physical.

Let them decided !

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (CHDA)

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #145263 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic ESA50 Form
Many thanks for your response and additional links, bro58. When the time comes I shall keep in mind what you've said.

Cheers!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.