× Members

ESA 50 form/work focused interviews

More
8 years 5 months ago #145347 by Jo
Hi everyone.

I wanted to post a question regarding ESA. My mum is applying for Esa (She was previously in the support group but had to be taken off only due to a temporary change in financial circumstances) and she's received an ESA 50 form. What concerns me is that she will be required to attend the work focused interviews as described In Page 8. She is unable to go out due to her condition, and in her PIP application both the GP and Psychologist strongly advised that she can’t make trips
(even in a Taxi as she was even unable to attend her medication review). Because of this she was awarded the lower rate of PIP based on a paper based assessment.

I’m not sure if the DWP did request a factual report form from the GP, but I was wondering if there was any way to request that she is simply put back into the support group (or put in early). If not is there any way of conducting a telephone interview? Any advice would be a huge help as I know she won't be able handle the travel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145354 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA 50 form/work focused interviews
Hi Jo

Given that your Mum has been advised by both GP and Psychologist not to try to attend interview, it would be in her best interests to apply for a home visit. If you contact the DWP and explain the circumstances, they will be able to advise you how to request and organise such a visit. I hope they'll be able to help you.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145356 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA 50 form/work focused interviews
Hi Jo
I would suggest putting on the form her inability to travel, supported by both GP and psychologist and request a home visit.
If they ignore this and make an appointment then ring them and refer them to the info on the claim form and supporting evidence.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145375 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 50 form/work focused interviews
Being allocated to the Support Group depends entirely on meeting very specific criteria. These can be found in this link -

From what you have said, it is likely that your mother might qualify under the 'Exceptional Circumstances' rule but the onus is 100% on the claimant to show this.

Qualifying for the Support Group

Our ESA guides explain how you can best present your claim

ESA claims and appeals

If/when you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You might want to bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #145586 by Jo
Replied by Jo on topic ESA 50 form/work focused interviews
Thank you very much guys think so a great help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.