× Members

New child dla claim, CFS activities needing help

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145477 by Gordon

funmum wrote: Thank you. What I'm getting at is, do I include things in the leisure activities section that he cannot do even with help? Or do I give a clear explanation at the start of that section as to how his illness prevents him from doing many things even with help?

Another question I have is, because the condition is variable I have sat down and done my best to break this down in as much detail as I can for each question. But there is absolutely no way that I will remember all the variations, number of minutes, number of times etc etc if I have to go to tribunal. So am I shooting myself in the foot by including details that I can't remember if questionned about it later?

Thank you

You should concentrate of the things he might be able to achieve with assistance, so as an example; he might not be able to play football, but might be able to watch a game, if he had assistance to take him to and from the game and to help him to a seat, that might total 3 hours of assistance a week.

Whilst it can be important for individual activities to record in detail how much time is involved, you also need to look at his condition as a whole so talk about, hours in a day, days in a week or month, just be careful to check your maths as it is easy to trip yourself up. As an example, I would say for my current health that I have no good days a week, that I am severely effected for at least six days a week and chronically for the remaining one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145487 by funmum
The written medium is so tricky isn't it. Say he can only manage 2 hours max of leisure social religious activities in a week on average. But he could select the activities he chooses to do from a batch that totals 4 hours. Am I to just list 2 hours of activities as this is all he can actually do with help, or do I list all the things he COULD do if he had help totalling say 4 hours, even though I know he can only achieve 50% of them in one week?

More
8 years 5 months ago #145491 by funmum
Taking the football example for instance, he would not be able to drive 15 mins,watch for 5 mins, drive back 15 mins, without feeling even more I'll than he did before he went out.

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #145505 by foss27
Hi

You may be over thinking this.
I would list some of the things he actually does and what support you need to provide to enable the activity, breaking it down if necessary into travel, activity, problems arising from both.

Obviously a list of all potential activities would be quite extensive and maybe confusing.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.