× Members

sending additional information after appeal form

More
8 years 5 months ago #145445 by ratty1960
I have sent my initial appeal form back on a pip no award decision, with brief reasons of grounds for appeal . After joining this site I realise I could have explained my health problems in far more detail. I have got my physiactrist to write in great detail her opinion which I will have to send.
can I write to them and explain my health problems and reasons I am appealing in much greater detail than on the original appeal form and probably even than the original claim form before I receive the full appeal papers. And /or can I write to them after I receive the full papers explaining my health condition in more detail using these fuller explanations to back up my oral hearing appeal when it is set. Thanks Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145458 by Gordon
Gary

Has you appeal request been accepted by the Tribunal Service?

If it has then all further correspondence about your appeal needs to be made via the TS.

If you are still waiting on the DWP submission then I would wait to receive this before submitting any further documents to you appeal, that way you can ensure that any issues raised by the DWP papers can be covered in your own papers.

You can submit further information and evidence up to about 10 days before your hearing is scheduled for.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratty1960

More
8 years 5 months ago #145540 by ratty1960
Replied by ratty1960 on topic sending additional information after appeal form
I was one day late in getting initial appeal form in because I could not get a hard copy. So I had to get and afford a printer and try to set it up.It took me a long time to discover it had to be printed off from a obscure website.The tribunal service has sent a acknowledgement but said the dwp have 28 days to appeal it being late though I did put down the aforementioned reasons why it was 1 day late.So am I to understand that feeling I did not explain my health condition and reasons for appeal fully and in the original claim form ,does not matter as if accepted I can explain more fully and with a new opinion from my physiactrist later on. Thanks Gary

More
8 years 5 months ago #145558 by Gordon

GARY wrote: I was one day late in getting initial appeal form in because I could not get a hard copy. So I had to get and afford a printer and try to set it up.It took me a long time to discover it had to be printed off from a obscure website.The tribunal service has sent a acknowledgement but said the dwp have 28 days to appeal it being late though I did put down the aforementioned reasons why it was 1 day late.So am I to understand that feeling I did not explain my health condition and reasons for appeal fully and in the original claim form ,does not matter as if accepted I can explain more fully and with a new opinion from my physiactrist later on. Thanks Gary

Yes, you can provide additional evidence and a submission explaining your limitations, your primary goal is to show that you meet the criteria for the award that you believe that you deserve and then to deal with the issues raised in the assessment report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratty1960

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.