× Members

PIP process

More
8 years 5 months ago #145482 by Angela
PIP process was created by Angela
Hi everyone.I wondered if anyone could give me some info about the PIP claim process.I recieved a letter sometime ago, informing me my long term DLA would be ending on 10/11/2015 and asking did I want/not want to apply for PIP.
Before contacting the DWP I read up on here about the process etc,as I have great difficulty discussing such things over the phone.

I was very happy to learn I could apply in writing explaining my reason why.

I sent the letter off a good 7-10 days before the 10th November.

By last week I had still not recieved any paper work to complete,so I was getting worried,as I also learnt from your site I could continue to recieve DLA until PIP had been sorted.

As Id heard nothing I worried I would just be left short of the DLA money.

As my next DLA payment would of been paid yesterday,I had to sit and keep checking my bank account,all evening,until eventually I saw a payment had been paid into my account in the early hours of this morning.

So I am wondering if this means I am in the process for PIP so a payment was made,or is it paid in arrears so that would be my last payment that was due on the 10th.

As I have heard nothing,would it be a good idea to write again?

What do you all think ?

I would be grateful for any advice,

kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145485 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP process
Angela

A PIP claim will not be considered as started until the DWP have a completed PIP1 form in order for them to build a computer record for the claim, from your post this has not happened, also, as DLA is paid in arrears, your receiving a payment yesterday does not mean that a claim is active.

I think that you have misinterpreted the statement that your DLA will remain in payment until a Decision is made on your PIP claim, this only applies if you meet all of the deadlines associated with a claim.

If you have not registered a PIP claim by the required date (10/11/15?) then your DLA will be suspended and you should receive a second letter notifying you of this and giving you a further four weeks to start a claim. If you do not meet this second deadline then your DLA claim will be closed with limited right of appeal.

You need to contact the DWP urgently to establish whether a claim has been started or not. If you cannot phone yourself then get someone to do it for you, you will need to be present for the call to answer the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to the person and they can then take over.

Please do not leave doing this any longer than you have to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela

More
8 years 5 months ago #145537 by Angela
Replied by Angela on topic PIP process
I will get onto this tomorrow and follow your advice.Many thanks Gordon.WIll post an update when I have one :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.