× Members

PIP and the start of the process

More
8 years 5 months ago #145483 by Maartje2015
PIP and the start of the process was created by Maartje2015
Hi there

I wonder if you have any tips for me?

I am completely overwhelmed by the PIP form and having downloaded your guide I am completely overwhelmed by the length of that alone. I am having to do this alone, and I can't can't face it.

I managed to get a two-week extension, as I had been ill in bed for the entire time I had been given to fill and return the form. Now I have 12 days and have not even started as I don't know where to start. The guide has made me even more intimidated. I don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and the start of the process

Maartje2015 wrote: Hi there

I wonder if you have any tips for me?

I am completely overwhelmed by the PIP form and having downloaded your guide I am completely overwhelmed by the length of that alone. I am having to do this alone, and I can't can't face it.

I managed to get a two-week extension, as I had been ill in bed for the entire time I had been given to fill and return the form. Now I have 12 days and have not even started as I don't know where to start. The guide has made me even more intimidated. I don't know what to do.

Break it down into manageable amounts of work, perhaps one or two questions a day.

All of your answer should follow the same basic formula.

1. What is the health condition and what are the symptoms that cause you problems?
2. Describe the problems you have, giving details and examples if you can.
3. If you use any aids or appliances, list them and explain why you use them.
4. If you need physical help, supervision or prompting, whether you actually get it or not,
explain what you need and why you need it.
5. Say when during the day or night you have problems.
6. If your condition varies, from day to day or week to week, try to explain how much it
varies and what problems you have when you are at your best, worst and average.

Start with basic paragraphs for each and then go back and expand then as you need to, you can include multiple examples for different problems and conditions.

I'm sure you know this, but you need to knuckle down and get on with filling in the form, if you do not return it in time you risk your PIP claim being closed and if you are being transferred from DLA, that as well.

You can try and get help with filling it in but it may take you remaining time to find someone. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

If we can help you more then come back to the forum, but I'm afraid we can't fill it in for you, that's something that only you can do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.