× Members

DWP Social Worker OT GP

More
8 years 5 months ago #145528 by chafur47
DWP Social Worker OT GP was created by chafur47
I suffer from a long list of medical issues, including heart failure. Cardiologists refer patients to GPs countrywide. I do not have a report or supporting letter from the cardio The diagnosis is about 18 years, and the most recent test, an echocardiogram, August 2015 shows the heart failure to be still present. Is this sufficient to send as evidence for PIP and ESA? I am in receipt of both, am in the Support Group and higher care and higher mobility for DLA. Expecting a letter to change to PIP soon as per the timetable,

I do not have any reports from medical professionals, jsut tests and clinic letters. Are these sufficient?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145531 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic DWP Social Worker OT GP
A visit from a social worker and OTs - both were ignoring the level of limitation
and disabiities.

Suffer from heart failure, angina, severe ME and more.

They both discarded severe weakness (fluctuates) that leads to toal bedridden,
ignored contant angina, suggested I use GTN, that does not solve the heart issue,
just relieves symptoms, sometimes, not always. I am unble to take it because of allergies

The social worker mentioned that the system has changed, and that social workers, OTs, and GPs are now very involved in the process of getting PIP and ESA. She declined to comment fiurther.

Anybody knows what the social worker meant?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145533 by chafur47
Though I have severe illness, I am unable to metabolize medications.
Reaches toxicity level, and could either kill me or worsened present health issues
as well as adding to them.

I did a private genomic test to show that indeed I lack certain enzymes
(destroyed by a prescribed med 20 years ago, whcih caused all my health issues),
to metabolize, this means, those meds are now poison.

What can I write on the PIP (still on DLA, but preparing for PIP for when am contacted),
for not taking meds, surgery for gallbladder, and dental issues, (unable to tolerate meds, anesthetics, contrast dye and other agents for tests), that will not cause damage to my claim, such as I do not want improve, (though we know there exists no meds that will cure or improve any health issue).

Many thanks.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145534 by chafur47
Are doctors required by law to write a medical report should the patient so request?

Are doctors required to take list of symptoms given by patients to file in medical records?
I noticed for the last 19 years that none of the doctors kept my list of symptoms!!

Are doctors required by law to amend inaccuracies in medical records both at the hospital and
GPs?

Any additional comments regarding reports is welcome. :woohoo:

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145535 by chafur47
Where can find a list of transcriptors for different disease, and also
specific forms which assessors carry with them, for each medical condition?
Both for ESA & PIP assessors.

I remember coming accross such forms, I am not sure the name of the forms,
but they were forms used by assessors and doctors for each category of disease.

there is also a list of all diseases for assessors and recommendations to assessors
for each medical contidiont. Where can I find this?

All the above is useful in case there is a need for appeal on the grounds that the assessor didn't follow rules, regulations and advice on those forms.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145545 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DWP Social Worker OT GP

chafur47 wrote: A visit from a social worker and OTs - both were ignoring the level of limitation
and disabiities.

Suffer from heart failure, angina, severe ME and more.

They both discarded severe weakness (fluctuates) that leads to toal bedridden,
ignored contant angina, suggested I use GTN, that does not solve the heart issue,
just relieves symptoms, sometimes, not always. I am unble to take it because of allergies

The social worker mentioned that the system has changed, and that social workers, OTs, and GPs are now very involved in the process of getting PIP and ESA. She declined to comment fiurther.

Anybody knows what the social worker meant?

Hi c47,

DLA EMP's who used to carry out DLA face to face assessments where mostly Doctors !

For ESA it is mostly Nurses, Mid-Wives and some Doctors !

For PIP they have recruited OT's, Physiotherapists and Paramedics as well as Doctors, Nurses, etc to carry out PIP Assessments.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.