× Members

P.I.P. Tribunal R.A.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145538 by ooohiduno
P.I.P. Tribunal R.A. was created by ooohiduno
Hello. Glad i joined this site with all the info in one place.

Had tribunal last week. My PIP has gone from std care to enhanced. and from 4 points mobility to 8 points.
I have two questions though.
1/ Because of arthritis in hands & arms i cant use aids and appliances. I know 8 and 10 points equall std mob , But dont they consider that i cant use aids, instead of saying i dont use aids. Feels like im being disadvantaged with the points?

2/ Could made to measure nhs orthapedic shoes be classed as an aid or appliance?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #145563 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P. Tribunal R.A.

ooohiduno wrote: Hello. Glad i joined this site with all the info in one place.

Had tribunal last week. My PIP has gone from std care to enhanced. and from 4 points mobility to 8 points.
I have two questions though.
1/ Because of arthritis in hands & arms i cant use aids and appliances. I know 8 and 10 points equall std mob , But dont they consider that i cant use aids, instead of saying i dont use aids. Feels like im being disadvantaged with the points?

2/ Could made to measure nhs orthapedic shoes be classed as an aid or appliance?

Thanks.

Although aids are considered in regard to the Moving Around activity, the primary criteria that is looked at is the distance that you can walk, so you won't score the extra 4 points for an enhanced award unless you can show that your walking is restricted to 20m or less, you are currently assessed as being able to be able to walk more than 20m but not more than 50m.

The shoes could be classed as an aid, but you would need to show how they effect your ability to walk, this will likely come under two headings; the distance you can walk with or without the shoes and how they effect the reliability of your walking. However, even if they are accepted as an aid it may not help your case as their usage will be assumed, so it will still come back to distance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.