× Members

Phone Call To See If YOu Have Memory Issue

• Lynsey
  • Topic Author
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #145788 by Lynsey
It's just occurred to me that my initial PIP phone call my have actually been part of the reason that I have been refused PIP:

When I got my letter inviting me to claim PIP it said I was to phone them up. No problem. I got someone else to do this and I came on the phone to give personal details to proof I was me. I ended up staying on the loud speaker and the telephonist knew this and was fine.

However when the telephonist began reciting a list of health conditions - i understand this is to see whether or not you have a memory problem - I got quite confused as she went through the list very fast and I couldn't take it in. (Again, this is why I have someone make phone calls.) The list as far as I could tell was made up mostly of conditions which are often associated with mild memory problems with the exception of dementia. Ironically I have just found out that my original misdiagnosis was pseudo-dementia meaning a condition that mimics dementia but isn't.

I said id had a brain injury and she replied that this was irrelevant and kept on talking. No idea what else she said. My carer said brain injury definitely was not mentioned on that list of conditions. I find this to be really bizarre.

Anyway, I"m now wondering if the reason they have dismissed my claim and the medical evidence i gave them which very clearly states I have severe memory problems is because it contradicts this phone call.

Does anyone think this could be the case? Is this worth mentioning in the event of an appeal or am I way beyond that point that it no longer matters?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 5 months ago #145810 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Phone Call To See If YOu Have Memory Issue

Lynsey wrote: It's just occurred to me that my initial PIP phone call my have actually been part of the reason that I have been refused PIP:

When I got my letter inviting me to claim PIP it said I was to phone them up. No problem. I got someone else to do this and I came on the phone to give personal details to proof I was me. I ended up staying on the loud speaker and the telephonist knew this and was fine.

However when the telephonist began reciting a list of health conditions - i understand this is to see whether or not you have a memory problem - I got quite confused as she went through the list very fast and I couldn't take it in. (Again, this is why I have someone make phone calls.) The list as far as I could tell was made up mostly of conditions which are often associated with mild memory problems with the exception of dementia. Ironically I have just found out that my original misdiagnosis was pseudo-dementia meaning a condition that mimics dementia but isn't.

I said id had a brain injury and she replied that this was irrelevant and kept on talking. No idea what else she said. My carer said brain injury definitely was not mentioned on that list of conditions. I find this to be really bizarre.

Anyway, I"m now wondering if the reason they have dismissed my claim and the medical evidence i gave them which very clearly states I have severe memory problems is because it contradicts this phone call.

Does anyone think this could be the case? Is this worth mentioning in the event of an appeal or am I way beyond that point that it no longer matters?

Hi L,

The first phone call only involves them filling in a PIP 1 Form which includes basic information regarding your medical conditions.

It is used mostly to initiate your PIP Claim.

It is with The PIP 2 Form that all detailed evidence regarding your medical conditions and resulting limitations should have been provided by you.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.