× Members

Medical Interview

• supercoolmoss
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145887 by supercoolmoss
Medical Interview was created by supercoolmoss
Hi can anyone advise me please, I have my medical interview coming up and wanted to know how I legally stand with the following:
Can I know the relevant qualification of the health professional conducting the interview
Can I digitally record the interview
Can I have a copy of the report that has been written at the interview not the typed up edited version
If anyone can advise me please, I have to go to Walsall Monday 14th
December

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago #145891 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical Interview

supercoolmoss wrote: Hi can anyone advise me please, I have my medical interview coming up and wanted to know how I legally stand with the following:
Can I know the relevant qualification of the health professional conducting the interview
Can I digitally record the interview
Can I have a copy of the report that has been written at the interview not the typed up edited version
If anyone can advise me please, I have to go to Walsall Monday 14th
December

Hi scm,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If the face to face assessment for PIP or ESA ?

bro58

• supercoolmoss
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #145893 by supercoolmoss
Replied by supercoolmoss on topic Medical Interview
Hi I am currently on DLA and have had to fill in the forms for PIP

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #145897 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Medical Interview

supercoolmoss wrote: Hi I am currently on DLA and have had to fill in the forms for PIP

Hi scm,

o.k., so it's for PIP,

"Can I know the relevant qualification of the health professional conducting the interview"

You can ask them, and they should inform you.

However, a PIP Assessor can be a Paramedic, OT, Physiotherapist, Nurse, Midwife or Doctor.

Importantly, as they are PIP Assessors, they have been recognised as Approved Disability Analysts (PIP HP's) by The Secretary of State for DWP.

i.e. They have received training in Disability Analysis.

"Can I digitally record the interview"

Unlike ESA face to face assessments, the facility to record the assessment is not provided by The Assessment Provider. (AP) (ATOS or Capita)

You can arrange to record it yourself before hand, however, they are likely to insist that you provide Duel Deck Recording equipment that can record on 2 CD's or Cassette Tapes simultaneously.

This equipment can be very expensive.

One of other members posted regarding the same issue : Here.

More information on this can be found on : This Page. for ATOS or This Page for Capita.

As you will see there is a link on the Capita page above which downloads PIP Assessment Provider Guidance, where you will see further information @ 2.7.

You can covertly record the assessment, it is not illegal !

However, if the Assessor becomes aware that you are recording, they can stop the assessment stating that you have failed to co-operate.

"Can I have a copy of the report that has been written at the interview not the typed up edited version"

No, they will not give you a copy of The PA4 Medical Report there and then.

You can request a copy over the phone by ringing The PIP Helpline a week or so later.

Having noted that your assessment is in Walsall, I gather that your AP is Capita.

You can read what to expect at your assessment from Page 70 of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the PA4 PIP medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

As you are new, the following links may be helpful ;

PIP Resources.

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

&

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The Forum. .

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Browser.

That way you can find it again easily for future reference and to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to this topic.

Good luck and please return to let us know how you got on ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #145928 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic Medical Interview
Hi Supercoolmoss,

Cant answer all of your questions, but I just wanted to explain my experience with Capita at their assessment centre in Walsall nearly two weeks ago. Still waiting on their decision and hope and pray that I wont be 'shafted' upon but I did find the face to face very amicable. The assessor explained her background and said she would have been happy for me to enquire had she not. She was an ex paramedic with experience of patients with MS (from which I suffer). I got the strong impression that she'd read my app form thoroughly. She listened and always read back what she'd written, giving me an opportunity to add anything else. She explained that she wouldn't get me to do some exercises that involved standing as she knew I wouldn't cope with them. I was interviewed in a downstairs room as requested as I am wheelchair bound. It lasted a good hour and 20 mins. Don't know if this is normal? After reading the awful experiences from some members I was fearing the worst. Did the best I could and provided reams of med evidence. Have to wait 4-8 weeks for a decision. Hope you find my post helpful and perhaps a little re-assuring? Seems people's assessments can be so varied and random. Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 4 months ago #145959 by anitairene
Replied by anitairene on topic Medical Interview
I had exactly the same kind of experience. It's good to know that not all f2f assessments are a nightmare. I am still awaiting a decision.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.