× Members

Guidance for Completing Appeal Form SSCS1

More
8 years 4 months ago #146440 by Bellow
Having just had a "Mandatory Reconsideration" rejected, I now have until 8 January 2016 to lodge an official appeal. I have downloaded the appropriate form SSCS1, but I am unsure how much detail I should include in section 5 "About Your Appeal". I WANT to present a lengthy piece containing many arguments and backed up with much supporting documentation, but would this be inappropriate/unnecessary/unwise at this stage? Naturally I'm hoping that the response I supply will be convincing enough to persuade DWP to reverse their original decision BEFORE it actually passes onto the Tribunal Stage, as I know I will find this process extremely stressful. Can anyone give me any guidance - will I ruin my prospects if include too much or any supporting material, or should I just mention that I have such material ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146458 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Guidance for Completing Appeal Form SSCS1

Bakerman wrote: Having just had a "Mandatory Reconsideration" rejected, I now have until 8 January 2016 to lodge an official appeal. I have downloaded the appropriate form SSCS1, but I am unsure how much detail I should include in section 5 "About Your Appeal". I WANT to present a lengthy piece containing many arguments and backed up with much supporting documentation, but would this be inappropriate/unnecessary/unwise at this stage? Naturally I'm hoping that the response I supply will be convincing enough to persuade DWP to reverse their original decision BEFORE it actually passes onto the Tribunal Stage, as I know I will find this process extremely stressful. Can anyone give me any guidance - will I ruin my prospects if include too much or any supporting material, or should I just mention that I have such material ?

You don't have to go into detail on the SSCS1, the ESA Appeal guide for the benefit in question explains how to complete the form in order to make an appeal, you can wait for the DWP to make their submission once the appeal has been accepted.

As I understand it from your previous post, your appeal is in connection with a failure to attend, so you need to concentrate on explaining why this happened, the hearing will not consider whether an award should be made so don't get distracted with trying to show that one should have been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 4 months ago #146755 by Bellow
Replied by Bellow on topic Guidance for Completing Appeal Form SSCS1
Message understood guys, but I've also complained to my local MP about my treatment and she agrees that I've been treated unfairly. Accordingly, within the last few days she has voiced this opinion in writing on 'Commons-Headed' notepaper, asking that my benefit be restored and lodged this with the DWP. How much 'weight' do you think this will carry and should I mention this on my appeal form and include a copy ?

• foss27
8 years 4 months ago #146767 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Guidance for Completing Appeal Form SSCS1
I think you need to stick to the point of the hearing which is to establish your right to reinstate your claim on the grounds that you had a valid reason for missing whatever it was you failed to attend.
Once this is heard you can then appeal the decision and include your evidence.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.