× Members

PIP MR

More
8 years 4 months ago #146890 by Johnny
PIP MR was created by Johnny
Hi

Having been refused PIP when awarded 7 point, I sent in an MR letter. Does the fact of having been denied PIP without having had a face to face having any bearing on the MR. In other words, in my case, would an assessment be considered an option when an MR is being reviewed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146893 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR

Johnny wrote: Hi

Having been refused PIP when awarded 7 point, I sent in an MR letter. Does the fact of having been denied PIP without having had a face to face having any bearing on the MR. In other words, in my case, would an assessment be considered an option when an MR is being reviewed.

Hi J,

There is nothing in PIP legislation that states that a Face to Face assessment has to take place as part of the Assessment Process.

Indeed, unlike ESA where a Face to Face must take place before a fit for work decision can be made, they can make any decision with PIP without a Face to Face, including no award at all.

You could of course argue that the PIP Assessor has failed to take into account any evidence of your limitations that may have come to light at a Face to Face but have not been taken into account in a Paper Based Assessment, that being the case, of course.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146908 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR
Thanks bro58.

I did raise the issue in my MR letter of not having been given a chance to discuss my illness through a face to face. Based on what you said, I guess the new decision maker does have the option to contact Atos and enquire if a face to face can be arranged, although, I wonder if decision makers are reluctant to do so, not having done so in the first place.

On the issue of ESA, of which I am in support group, I was lead to believe that on reassessment, some in support group are sometimes not called for a face to face when being reassessed as a result of detailed evidence and accounts of their illness, or were you referring to first time ESA claimants as having to do a face to face regardless of their circumstances?

• bro58
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #146911 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP MR

Johnny wrote: Thanks bro58.

I did raise the issue in my MR letter of not having been given a chance to discuss my illness through a face to face. Based on what you said, I guess the new decision maker does have the option to contact Atos and enquire if a face to face can be arranged, although, I wonder if decision makers are reluctant to do so, not having done so in the first place.

On the issue of ESA, of which I am in support group, I was lead to believe that on reassessment, some in support group are sometimes not called for a face to face when being reassessed as a result of detailed evidence and accounts of their illness, or were you referring to first time ESA claimants as having to do a face to face regardless of their circumstances?

Hi J,

Whether it be at an initial ESA Assessment, or any future subsequent ESA Re-Assessments, it is not a definite that a Face to Face must take place.

A Paper Based Assessment/Re-Assessment can be carried out where the Assessor feels that they have enough evidence to do so.

A Face to Face Assessment MUST take place before a fit for work decision can be made by The ESA DM.

So, you can be placed into or remain in The WRAG or The SG at any Assessment/Re-Assessment without having a Face to Face.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146912 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP MR
Thank you bro58. Quite clear to me now.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.