× Members

representative attend oral tribunal on my behalf?

More
8 years 4 months ago #146947 by Gordon

Annie wrote: Sorry also forgot to ask when you wrote 'all cases you need to ask permission of the Judge in advance of the hearing.' does requesting a home tribunal and reasons why in the SSC1 form class as a request to the judge or do I have to ask elsewhere? Many thanks.

I would attach a separate letter, in addition to making the request you need to explain why you cannot attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146957 by anniekim
Many thanks for your helpful replies, much appreciated

More
8 years 4 months ago #146958 by anniekim
Sorry one more question, you wrote 'SSCS1 is intended for you to write a summary of your reasons for appeal, they do not even need to be specific. If you look at the PIP Appeal guide it explains how to complete the form.' and so suggest I should write a submission as well. I asked whether a submission should be included as well as the information in the grounds of appeal section as I noticed in the guide giving examples of appeal submissions the first handwritten one was attached to the grounds of appeal.

I believe According to the PIP appeal guide the submission should be sent after sending the SSC1 form when i have received all the case notes? I though know which descriptor points I need to argue so could already write in grounds of appeal section.

More
8 years 4 months ago #146959 by Gordon

Annie wrote: Sorry one more question, you wrote 'SSCS1 is intended for you to write a summary of your reasons for appeal, they do not even need to be specific. If you look at the PIP Appeal guide it explains how to complete the form.' and so suggest I should write a submission as well. I asked whether a submission should be included as well as the information in the grounds of appeal section as I noticed in the guide giving examples of appeal submissions the first handwritten one was attached to the grounds of appeal.

I believe According to the PIP appeal guide the submission should be sent after sending the SSC1 form when i have received all the case notes? I though know which descriptor points I need to argue so could already write in grounds of appeal section.

You can do this if you want but the normal procedure is;

- Request an appeal on SSCS1 with basic reasons for appeal
- Appeal is accepted by the Tribunal Service and the DWP are notified
- DWP prepare and send their submission along with all the papers used in the making of the Decision to you.
- You review their submission and all of the papers and prepare and send your submission to the Tribunal Service.
- Hearing held.

By sending you submission early you are missing the opportunity to deal with any comments made by the DWP or the assessor, you will have more time to prepare your answers and perhaps make a more detailed and complete response, Also, if you miss something on the SSCS1 and have to correct it late because of what you get from the DWP, it may devalue your original comments.

If you go for a Paper appeal then you will have four weeks from the date of the letter accompanying the DWP submission to send and for the TS to have received your paperwork.

The decision is of course yours.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.