× Members

New ESA50 question 1 Problem - deliberate trap?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147122 by russukarian
Hi I am in support group but have recently been sent yet another ESA50 to complete despite being clear on last form by my GP that my disabilities are permanent. I hope one of the Moderators can kindly advise me about Question 1 on the newer ESA50 (04/15).
It now is phrased differently: How far can you move safely and repeatedly on level ground without needing to stop?
It now gives only 4 option boxes to tick : 50meters, 100meters, 200 meters, it varies.
THERE IS NO OPTION TO TICK IF YOU CANNOT MOBILISE LESS THAN 50 METERS! I FEEL THIS IS A TRAP. I cannot mobilise even 20 meters without carer physical assistance as I have paralysis down the right side of my body.
How am I supposed to answer this question?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147144 by Gordon
RB

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You are not required to use the tick boxes, if you do not provide a suitable option, then simply mark them as "see below" and answer in more detail in the comments box and/or attached sheets.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: russukarian

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147278 by MSCarer
Thank you Gordon - in reference to marking the section "see below" does this mean that you would put a line through the 50m, 100m, 200m and It Varies options and put "See Below"? How would you do this using the online form?

I am not sure how to go about this and am concerned about "spoiling" the form in some way.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago #147294 by

MSCarer wrote: Thank you Gordon - in reference to marking the section "see below" does this mean that you would put a line through the 50m, 100m, 200m and It Varies options and put "See Below"? How would you do this using the online form?

I am not sure how to go about this and am concerned about "spoiling" the form in some way.

Thanks

Hi MSC,

Whilst not ticking any of the boxes that are not applicable to your limitations , you can also write a comment such as, "none of the tick box options are applicable to my limitations, please see my response below" (or on added A4 Page xx of xx.)

This will not be classed as "spoiling" !

bro58

More
8 years 3 months ago #147334 by abcd69
It means upto 50 metres, if you cant walk 50 metres tick the 50 metre box. THEN in the box below write clearly how far you can walk. I entered 10 metres in mine and described why I needed to stop.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147349 by Gordon

abcd69 wrote: It means upto 50 metres, if you cant walk 50 metres tick the 50 metre box. THEN in the box below write clearly how far you can walk. I entered 10 metres in mine and described why I needed to stop.

I don't normally challenge members opinions in the forum, you are of course entitled to your view, but this is not what the form says! We have had multiple questions about this since Monday so this is clearly an issue for many completing the form.

My Mobilising distance is significantly below 50m and I would certainly take umbrage at having to suggest it was higher, even if I was able to qualify the statement.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: russukarian

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.