× Members

tribunal tomorrow :(

• ben buckley
  • Topic Author
8 years 4 months ago #147188 by ben buckley
tribunal tomorrow :( was created by ben buckley
well tomorrow is the day for my 3rd tribunal for a claim for dla i made 3 years ago :(

i was just refreshing through all the paperwork and under the directions for the new 1st tier tribunal from the upper tribunal it says one of the reasons for a re hearing

"the tribunal erred in law by treating the question of the severity of the claimaints disability as a preliminary matter, instead of applying the statutory criteria"

not quite sure what that means?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #147189 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tribunal tomorrow :(
BB

It sounds as if the previous panel decided you did not meet the criteria without finding out whether you did or not, so as an example; they may have decided that you did not meet the criteria for being virtually unable to walk without actually asking about any limitations you had with walking.

The new panel will have received a direction as part of the re-hearing of your appeal as to the issues with the previous hearing, so it's unlikely that they will make the same mistakes, although they can of course make a whole new set of the them, but I would not expect this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ben buckley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.