× Members

PIP assessment procedural question.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147286 by Doris
During the PIP assessment, is there any procedure which requires the HP to ask if the claimant wish's to read back the notes taken ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147304 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment procedural question.

Doris wrote: During the PIP assessment, is there any procedure which requires the HP to ask if the claimant wish's to read back the notes taken ?

There is nothing in the PIP Assessment guide that requires the assessor to offer their notes to the claimant for review, it is worth noting that the vast majority of assessments will be carried out using a computer and the data will have been entered into multiple "screens" and will therefore not lend itself to review.

Section 2.6.49 of the Assessment guide does require the assessor to give an overview of their findings although no view of the likelihood of an award should be made.

That said I see no harm in your asking to see what has been entered, the worst that they can is refuse.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147312 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic PIP assessment procedural question.
Interesting.

This is regarding an assessment that's already taken place which we've now decided to appeal. In this instance the assessor never gave, or offered an overview of their findings. They did however, mention it would go to audit and there would be a slight delay in the decision.

Whilst the assessment was carried out compassionately, and - I believe - genuinely on the part of the HP. There have been some basic, but significant errors that could have led to an incorrect award. Had we been given an overview or allowed to see what notes had been taken, we 'may' have been able to correct the errors by the HP.

How could this could be used for the MR, and any subsequent appeal ?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment procedural question.
Doris

Whether the discrepancies could have been resolved at the assessment or not is not relevant to any MR or appeal, they were not resolved and the matter is moot.

As to the discrepancies themselves, the way forward is to first show that you meet the criteria and then to show that as a result of this the report is in error.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doris

More
8 years 3 months ago #147322 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic PIP assessment procedural question.
Gordon/Doris,

It is not clear if your assessment was with Atos or Capita, but if Atos,

if you look at their website under the heading 'At your PIP Consultation' it clearly states , and I quote: " You will have the opportunity to sit side by side with the Health Professional during the consultation' ' The Health Professional will make a record of your discussion during the consultation, which you will be able to view.

If Capital, I would expect that they are subject to the same principal as Atos.

I, personally would take this that they have a duty to offer to allow you to read what they have written.

Again, personally I would bring up this point in a MR or appeal, but there again, I am getting to be quite a bolshy bu**er :ohmy: Take no prisoners!

More
8 years 3 months ago #147335 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic PIP assessment procedural question.

mommaduck wrote: Gordon/Doris,

It is not clear if your assessment was with Atos or Capita, but if Atos,

if you look at their website under the heading 'At your PIP Consultation' it clearly states , and I quote: " You will have the opportunity to sit side by side with the Health Professional during the consultation' ' The Health Professional will make a record of your discussion during the consultation, which you will be able to view.

If Capital, I would expect that they are subject to the same principal as Atos.

I, personally would take this that they have a duty to offer to allow you to read what they have written.

Again, personally I would bring up this point in a MR or appeal, but there again, I am getting to be quite a bolshy bu**er :ohmy: Take no prisoners!

It was with Capita, however, I was unable to find any information that suggests Capita mimic Atos in their procedures. Regardless, it still allows me a way in to chink at the assessment armour ;)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.