× Members

Medical Assessment DWP DLA-PIP Benefit 2016

More
8 years 3 months ago #147365 by Peace
Medical Assessment DWP DLA-PIP Benefit there was Fire Alarm and The assessment was very awful indeed

Hiya Ladies and Gents

Can anyone offer any help and advice

I was already on both (High) Enhanced Mobility and Care personal independence payment (indefinite awards without systematic reassessments)

they know about my disability, my illnesses, my information is consistent, medically factual and they have all the proofs and evidences

Please bear with me with my detail explanation and at the same time I am trying to help people out there who's been in a similar situation

and for people who are willing to help me and I hope you understand me

I had an Atos PIP (Medical Assessment) again few days ago but it had stopped (3/4) three quarter of the way through due to a Fire Alarm, that's not it

My appointment was schedule for 11:00 a.m waited in the queue when my time came the receptionist/s said Atos PIP assessors are running late

the receptionist/s told us that there was a waiting time between 1 1/2 to 2 hours wait and were advice to take another appointment if it was too long for us to wait, we said no we'll wait as we were already there at the medical assessment;

A mix feeling except more pain, more anxiety, more stressed, more depression, more fustration, more upsetting I really cannot put it in words, how or what to call it?

Anyway, it took 3 hours to be seen at last?

I've got called from the waiting area, As I'm in pain 24/7/365, I walk slow and with a walking stick, while going to the assessment room I've made few stop (few pauses) with pain, uncomfort, breathlessness,

While I was still walking and going (with my carer and the atos assessor) to the examination room, she open the first door we enter the first door through a long corridor, I looked on and saw 3 examination room doors on the right and 2 examination room doors on the left,

and I saw the same door that we've just passed through after the third doors on the right further down the corridor, As I was thinking this is a never ending corridor,
it is really a very long corridor indeed

and as I was still going slowly, the atos assessor got very impatient with me, she asked me do you want a closer room!? she was making me think, that her examination room was further down,

To my thinking I thought she'd trying to make my life easier and help me?

To which I've replied without no hesitation before I finished said the word yes,

like the flash she did not look at me she just enter another room on the right of the corridor let me hanging there,

Inside the examination room door where she'd just entered there are two or three more doors,

one door lead to another examination room, one door lead back inside the to reception area for staff, one door lead to the file room or something! the last door lead to another examination room, 1 minute later she came out and told me to go back through the door that we've just came through (never ending corridor), and wait outside there (it's was near the toilets), which my carer and I did,

While she was inside the file /staff reception room, I was thinking she was fixing a room or looking for colleague/s to ask them for their room? or something?

she was my assessor after all, I mean she'll be the one who will assess me she got my file with her, My carer and I was thinking we'll be fine,?

she went inside just took another file and left my file for another colleague, came out and called out another claimant, ( who by the way was a lot slower than me!!! with 2 walking stick) "I got a clip of this bit (on film)"

then we noticed atos assessor examination room wasn't that far down after the third door on the right, anyway and I've told her I could have walk that distance and she told us it's too late now and that she passed on my case to someone else!!!

So now we had to wait again knowing that we were called to go through after (3 1/2) three and a half hours and when my carer explain at the office (reception), that what'd happened they've told my carer we would have to wait another 10 to 15 minutes and it was now around 2.30pm!!!!

By the way we didn't think it would take that long, may be we'd say it'll take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours roughly, we didn't bring any food for me to take my medications with

( I've been assessed few time before Euston Road, Neasden, Marylebone, home visit by one of the atos GP, which I saw there in the assessment centre)

and I didn't want to miss the moment when the assessor would call us

and could not ask my carer to go out and get me something to eat

my carer was massaging, rubbing...me as I was in severe pain at the same time

After 25 minutes ( if you can believe it!!!) my carer went back to the reception and tell them we're were still waiting and then the receptionist said sorry and went to investigate and made us wait few more minutes!!!

At last someone called us, by the way the new atos assessor (her examination room) was further down than the previous assessor!!!) now I had to walk back down again which takes me a while to get there as usual and we got in and sit down,

(NO Hello, or My Name is etc...) You weren’t made to feel not welcome.

then she started the interview so I started to answer all of her questions (I mean grilling me like I'm a criminal)

NOT like the DWP guidance document for providers carrying out assessments for Personal Independence Payment

as mentioned in section : 2.6.7

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...assessment-guide.pdf

When meeting the claimant, the HP should:

•Introduce themselves to the claimant and their companion, if accompanied

•Explain the purpose of the assessment and what it entails –the HP should make clear to the claimant that the assessment is not a medical which involves diagnosis and treatment. It should be explained that the assessment focuses on the effects of their health condition or impairment on their day-to-day life, looking at what they can and cannot do in relation to the daily living and mobility activities

•NB: It is important that the HP ensures that valid verbal consent is obtained and recorded where appropriate.

Anyway I really mean grilling me like I'm a criminal, terrorist, gangster very bad!!

The Atos assessor asked me about my condition etc... I've told her

She said A and I said yes A plus etc... with proof
She said B and I said yes B plus etc...with proof
She said C and I said yes C plus etc...with proof

She asked me for proofs and I've showed her all of my proofs and more after each health condition/s.

I've told her this years I've been diagnosed with 2 more illnesses and she couldn't be bothered

I really mean point par point, every question she'd asked, I've answered her.
After all that, then I've asked her may I have your name and what's your profession? please

She replied yes, my name is (she told me her name and her profession) Yes she is a physiotherapist!!

NOT as mentioned above section: 2.6.7.

no sorry for forgetting, she carry on with her grilling

I've brought all my medication, walking stick, back support, other support I sit, learn on and Sleep on, GP's Letter, Chiropractor's Letter, Scans photos, CD and X-rays etc...) got all the proofs of doctors appointments, future one as well...Even showed her Photos on my phone, scan pics, she asked for Prescription medication copy and I showed her as well

after all that she asked me which medication I am using for my illness not the one I'm not using!!
All of them, I replied

Anyway when you received your appoinment letter for this medical assessment, the letter came with a booklet, it mentioned in the booklet bring tablets or other current medication and any medical aids etc...

Did she not know that!? That showed you the Assessors are really dumb?

what a cheap cheat! She think its like a joke!!

There was no real doctors etc...

The physiotherapist asking the questions had no clue about my health condition. The questions did not reflect on my day to day living and mobility. They were kind of unrelated, boring old joke, like when last you had a flu or when was your last blood test or did they diagnosed with foot and cow disease 5 years ago, is your illness dormant etc.., kind of really very very silly, unrelated and bias question!!

The physiotherapist did not read my DLA-PIP forms, GP's, other professional's Letters or even have a peek at my scans, photos, CD, X-rays etc....

she'd keep on looking at her computer , she see the Atos Sofware question, at the same time reading my forms bits here and there, same goes for the other GP's letters etc.. and at the same time listening to what I'm saying

The Atos Assessor don't have time to check nothing about you!! until she is with you in the room at the last minute (she sees 8 to 10 people like myself a day may be more) there is an awful lot of dificulty , how can the assessor differentiate between all sort of disabilities that affect people in very individual ways? no matter what DWP and Atos do in the future won't be able to upgrade, update, sort out, fixing the situation !!

What I can see, what I'm saying to her, she cannot hear me, she is too busy doing so many things (Reading, Searching, Scaning, Typing, Using her mouse, Listening, Talking) at the same time!

The (DWP Atos) Aim and Tactics is to muddle your answers with lies, mislead and trip up as many people as they can, in a very bad way

Firstly they've failed you as a (PIP Claimant/s), and then (Atos DWP Assessors) want you to give up and by the way many of us (DLA-SDA-IB-JSA-ESA-PIP Claimants) do give up, at the first!!

Then they send you a letter (or form) to appeal, you get 1 month to appeal so with you being ill, tired, fustrated you just give up, you can not take it anymore!

So I advise you !! don't give up on the appeal and even if it goes to the tribunal don't ever give up unless you're dead, even that, I would advise your family to carry on, on your behalf, if they are able to do so, bring them to Human Right and EUropean court and sueing them so on and so forth etc...

Anyway back to me, then suddenly... the fire alarm went off !!! She walked towards the door, by the way the door of the assessment room, stayed open before the examination even while the grilling is going on,

Everyone can hear us talking about my private and personal life etc..., she leaned on the open door and peek through the corridor, So at first she told us to wait and see if the fire alarm would stop or it could be a drill (fire alarm test) or something

and then the fire alarm didn't stop, so they told us to evacuate the premises (after (3/4) three quarter through the medical assessment which she told me herself) but I can't run I can only walk slowly remember !

The Atos assessor left us, head for the exit without looking back

and my carer and I were the last two there with a security guard trying to rush us out, he told us repeatedly to go quickly

while we were going towards the exit, I've made few stop (few pauses) with pain, uncomfort, breathlessness

The security guard insisted that my carer leave without me and he will evacuate me instead by himself, but my carer protested against this

then we arrived near the lift at last , the security guard instructed us not to take the lift we needed to take the stairs instead, which I'd refused as I cannot use the stairs because of my disability!
Again the security guard instructed that my carer to leave without me and walk down the stairs which again she also declined and told the security guard she can't leave without me as she is my carer and she wouldn't leave me alone with him no way!

Then there was no choice, no rescue and I've told the security man if I have to die in the fire so be it

There is no special arrangements for people with mobility needs, it is a matter of life and death situation, there is no-one to help the disable to get downstairs, if there’s a fire in a Goverment Building!! unbelieveable but true

So my carer and I stayed behind with the security guard watching through the windows from third floor of the building

we can see all the staff so they too could see us from the fire meeting assembly point downstairs, (see pictures )

By the way it was a false Fire alarm !! (can you see the bigger picture?) they (Atos Blood S-u-c-k-i-n-g Assessors) want us to go home early get rid of us and at the same time testing everyone who was there!?

Not one Atos Assessor came to my rescue no one care except my carer, I could have died in the fire, what does the law said about that? anyone?

After the other security guy did a check point and site patrolling and find out that there was NO Fire !!!

There is definetely risk for the disabled (people with a disability) at that specific Medical Assessment Centre, DWP Atos need to fix the existing risk in case of a fire , providing extra support for the disabled to make sure it covers present risk

And we didn't want to miss the opportunity to finish my interview as I suffered enough with the waiting, the pain and so on!!!

So after some more waiting again everyone came back upstairs and we were on our way, to carry on the medical assessment where we've left off?

and now the physiotherapist (the same assessor) who was seeing me choose to put me in a room closer to the waiting area as she could see me struggling with my walking,

She put me in the first room remember (the never ending corridor) the first door on the right just there, we sat down waiting for her to transfer my information over from her computer to the new assessment room, she came back in and then told us that everything was lost and because their office close at 3.00 pm ( by then it was around 3.30 pm!!!)

I told her lets go to the first assessment room, she told me to wait and then she went out and called one of her colleague, which he came in the room we were in and start checking the computer, her colleague again confirm that it was lost!! her colleague suggesting to her to go back to check on the computer in the previous room, which she replied she did that already !!

and by the way I remember her colleague he came to my house as a GP to assessed me and I've told him that,

he confirm what I've said in front of the (physiotherapist assessor) that is true he came to my house few years back!!

I keep on insisting lets go in the previous assessment room and that she said that she couldn't start the assessment again!!!

She said the assessment has ended, The Office is now close at 3.00 pm So we would have to come back another day!!!!!!!!!!

I was already very stressed to go there in the first place I've prepared myself physically, mentally and emotionally and this experience demoralized me more

And now I have to start this all over again and as I've mentioned they have all my old and new diagnosis lots of evidence from health professionals, by different health departments on papers, GP's, other professional's Letters or even on Scans, photos, CD, X-rays etc....

and I have to come back again and repeat myself and trying to explain, make them comprehend and prove to these people about my condition all over again.

As I'm already ill, disabled, very painful, very tired, very frustrating, more anxiety, depressed and on top of all that with very bad experience

and you are talking to a stranger about your very private and personal details about yourself and I'll have to go through that again

I felt intimidated and that I had no sense of purpose, did not care to ask me about my health conditions and impairments about my ability to carry out the daily living and mobility activities and deterioration and fluctuation over time

The approach was not relaxed and was hurried, the assessor did not allowed me the time to talk about myself and put across the impact of my health condition and disability in my own words.

The process is seriously harmful, very brutal, degrading, traumatic and damaging. A gruelling experience that has make my health and life worst

I do not want to go through this again I have never been so degraded or humiliated as I have today.

The Atos DWP Assessors lack the skills, qualifications and knowledge to make any decision.

PIP assessment is not fit for the purpose, the whole system is seriously flawed , and they should be stripped of the PIP contracts with immediate effect.”

What should I do about what happened?

please kindly help me, thank you and Best Luck to all of you out there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147371 by bro58

Peace wrote: Medical Assessment DWP DLA-PIP Benefit there was Fire Alarm and The assessment was very awful indeed

Hiya Ladies and Gents

Can anyone offer any help and advice

I was already on both (High) Enhanced Mobility and Care personal independence payment (indefinite awards without systematic reassessments)

they know about my disability, my illnesses, my information is consistent, medically factual and they have all the proofs and evidences

Please bear with me with my detail explanation and at the same time I am trying to help people out there who's been in a similar situation

and for people who are willing to help me and I hope you understand me

I had an Atos PIP (Medical Assessment) again few days ago but it had stopped (3/4) three quarter of the way through due to a Fire Alarm, that's not it

My appointment was schedule for 11:00 a.m waited in the queue when my time came the receptionist/s said Atos PIP assessors are running late

the receptionist/s told us that there was a waiting time between 1 1/2 to 2 hours wait and were advice to take another appointment if it was too long for us to wait, we said no we'll wait as we were already there at the medical assessment;

A mix feeling except more pain, more anxiety, more stressed, more depression, more fustration, more upsetting I really cannot put it in words, how or what to call it?

Anyway, it took 3 hours to be seen at last?

I've got called from the waiting area, As I'm in pain 24/7/365, I walk slow and with a walking stick, while going to the assessment room I've made few stop (few pauses) with pain, uncomfort, breathlessness,

While I was still walking and going (with my carer and the atos assessor) to the examination room, she open the first door we enter the first door through a long corridor, I looked on and saw 3 examination room doors on the right and 2 examination room doors on the left,

and I saw the same door that we've just passed through after the third doors on the right further down the corridor, As I was thinking this is a never ending corridor,
it is really a very long corridor indeed

and as I was still going slowly, the atos assessor got very impatient with me, she asked me do you want a closer room!? she was making me think, that her examination room was further down,

To my thinking I thought she'd trying to make my life easier and help me?

To which I've replied without no hesitation before I finished said the word yes,

like the flash she did not look at me she just enter another room on the right of the corridor let me hanging there,

Inside the examination room door where she'd just entered there are two or three more doors,

one door lead to another examination room, one door lead back inside the to reception area for staff, one door lead to the file room or something! the last door lead to another examination room, 1 minute later she came out and told me to go back through the door that we've just came through (never ending corridor), and wait outside there (it's was near the toilets), which my carer and I did,

While she was inside the file /staff reception room, I was thinking she was fixing a room or looking for colleague/s to ask them for their room? or something?

she was my assessor after all, I mean she'll be the one who will assess me she got my file with her, My carer and I was thinking we'll be fine,?

she went inside just took another file and left my file for another colleague, came out and called out another claimant, ( who by the way was a lot slower than me!!! with 2 walking stick) "I got a clip of this bit (on film)"

then we noticed atos assessor examination room wasn't that far down after the third door on the right, anyway and I've told her I could have walk that distance and she told us it's too late now and that she passed on my case to someone else!!!

So now we had to wait again knowing that we were called to go through after (3 1/2) three and a half hours and when my carer explain at the office (reception), that what'd happened they've told my carer we would have to wait another 10 to 15 minutes and it was now around 2.30pm!!!!

By the way we didn't think it would take that long, may be we'd say it'll take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours roughly, we didn't bring any food for me to take my medications with

( I've been assessed few time before Euston Road, Neasden, Marylebone, home visit by one of the atos GP, which I saw there in the assessment centre)

and I didn't want to miss the moment when the assessor would call us

and could not ask my carer to go out and get me something to eat

my carer was massaging, rubbing...me as I was in severe pain at the same time

After 25 minutes ( if you can believe it!!!) my carer went back to the reception and tell them we're were still waiting and then the receptionist said sorry and went to investigate and made us wait few more minutes!!!

At last someone called us, by the way the new atos assessor (her examination room) was further down than the previous assessor!!!) now I had to walk back down again which takes me a while to get there as usual and we got in and sit down,

(NO Hello, or My Name is etc...) You weren’t made to feel not welcome.

then she started the interview so I started to answer all of her questions (I mean grilling me like I'm a criminal)

NOT like the DWP guidance document for providers carrying out assessments for Personal Independence Payment

as mentioned in section : 2.6.7

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...assessment-guide.pdf

When meeting the claimant, the HP should:

•Introduce themselves to the claimant and their companion, if accompanied

•Explain the purpose of the assessment and what it entails –the HP should make clear to the claimant that the assessment is not a medical which involves diagnosis and treatment. It should be explained that the assessment focuses on the effects of their health condition or impairment on their day-to-day life, looking at what they can and cannot do in relation to the daily living and mobility activities

•NB: It is important that the HP ensures that valid verbal consent is obtained and recorded where appropriate.

Anyway I really mean grilling me like I'm a criminal, terrorist, gangster very bad!!

The Atos assessor asked me about my condition etc... I've told her

She said A and I said yes A plus etc... with proof
She said B and I said yes B plus etc...with proof
She said C and I said yes C plus etc...with proof

She asked me for proofs and I've showed her all of my proofs and more after each health condition/s.

I've told her this years I've been diagnosed with 2 more illnesses and she couldn't be bothered

I really mean point par point, every question she'd asked, I've answered her.
After all that, then I've asked her may I have your name and what's your profession? please

She replied yes, my name is (she told me her name and her profession) Yes she is a physiotherapist!!

NOT as mentioned above section: 2.6.7.

no sorry for forgetting, she carry on with her grilling

I've brought all my medication, walking stick, back support, other support I sit, learn on and Sleep on, GP's Letter, Chiropractor's Letter, Scans photos, CD and X-rays etc...) got all the proofs of doctors appointments, future one as well...Even showed her Photos on my phone, scan pics, she asked for Prescription medication copy and I showed her as well

after all that she asked me which medication I am using for my illness not the one I'm not using!!
All of them, I replied

Anyway when you received your appoinment letter for this medical assessment, the letter came with a booklet, it mentioned in the booklet bring tablets or other current medication and any medical aids etc...

Did she not know that!? That showed you the Assessors are really dumb?

what a cheap cheat! She think its like a joke!!

There was no real doctors etc...

The physiotherapist asking the questions had no clue about my health condition. The questions did not reflect on my day to day living and mobility. They were kind of unrelated, boring old joke, like when last you had a flu or when was your last blood test or did they diagnosed with foot and cow disease 5 years ago, is your illness dormant etc.., kind of really very very silly, unrelated and bias question!!

The physiotherapist did not read my DLA-PIP forms, GP's, other professional's Letters or even have a peek at my scans, photos, CD, X-rays etc....

she'd keep on looking at her computer , she see the Atos Sofware question, at the same time reading my forms bits here and there, same goes for the other GP's letters etc.. and at the same time listening to what I'm saying

The Atos Assessor don't have time to check nothing about you!! until she is with you in the room at the last minute (she sees 8 to 10 people like myself a day may be more) there is an awful lot of dificulty , how can the assessor differentiate between all sort of disabilities that affect people in very individual ways? no matter what DWP and Atos do in the future won't be able to upgrade, update, sort out, fixing the situation !!

What I can see, what I'm saying to her, she cannot hear me, she is too busy doing so many things (Reading, Searching, Scaning, Typing, Using her mouse, Listening, Talking) at the same time!

The (DWP Atos) Aim and Tactics is to muddle your answers with lies, mislead and trip up as many people as they can, in a very bad way

Firstly they've failed you as a (PIP Claimant/s), and then (Atos DWP Assessors) want you to give up and by the way many of us (DLA-SDA-IB-JSA-ESA-PIP Claimants) do give up, at the first!!

Then they send you a letter (or form) to appeal, you get 1 month to appeal so with you being ill, tired, fustrated you just give up, you can not take it anymore!

So I advise you !! don't give up on the appeal and even if it goes to the tribunal don't ever give up unless you're dead, even that, I would advise your family to carry on, on your behalf, if they are able to do so, bring them to Human Right and EUropean court and sueing them so on and so forth etc...

Anyway back to me, then suddenly... the fire alarm went off !!! She walked towards the door, by the way the door of the assessment room, stayed open before the examination even while the grilling is going on,

Everyone can hear us talking about my private and personal life etc..., she leaned on the open door and peek through the corridor, So at first she told us to wait and see if the fire alarm would stop or it could be a drill (fire alarm test) or something

and then the fire alarm didn't stop, so they told us to evacuate the premises (after (3/4) three quarter through the medical assessment which she told me herself) but I can't run I can only walk slowly remember !

The Atos assessor left us, head for the exit without looking back

and my carer and I were the last two there with a security guard trying to rush us out, he told us repeatedly to go quickly

while we were going towards the exit, I've made few stop (few pauses) with pain, uncomfort, breathlessness

The security guard insisted that my carer leave without me and he will evacuate me instead by himself, but my carer protested against this

then we arrived near the lift at last , the security guard instructed us not to take the lift we needed to take the stairs instead, which I'd refused as I cannot use the stairs because of my disability!
Again the security guard instructed that my carer to leave without me and walk down the stairs which again she also declined and told the security guard she can't leave without me as she is my carer and she wouldn't leave me alone with him no way!

Then there was no choice, no rescue and I've told the security man if I have to die in the fire so be it

There is no special arrangements for people with mobility needs, it is a matter of life and death situation, there is no-one to help the disable to get downstairs, if there’s a fire in a Goverment Building!! unbelieveable but true

So my carer and I stayed behind with the security guard watching through the windows from third floor of the building

we can see all the staff so they too could see us from the fire meeting assembly point downstairs, (see pictures )

By the way it was a false Fire alarm !! (can you see the bigger picture?) they (Atos Blood S-u-c-k-i-n-g Assessors) want us to go home early get rid of us and at the same time testing everyone who was there!?

Not one Atos Assessor came to my rescue no one care except my carer, I could have died in the fire, what does the law said about that? anyone?

After the other security guy did a check point and site patrolling and find out that there was NO Fire !!!

There is definetely risk for the disabled (people with a disability) at that specific Medical Assessment Centre, DWP Atos need to fix the existing risk in case of a fire , providing extra support for the disabled to make sure it covers present risk

And we didn't want to miss the opportunity to finish my interview as I suffered enough with the waiting, the pain and so on!!!

So after some more waiting again everyone came back upstairs and we were on our way, to carry on the medical assessment where we've left off?

and now the physiotherapist (the same assessor) who was seeing me choose to put me in a room closer to the waiting area as she could see me struggling with my walking,

She put me in the first room remember (the never ending corridor) the first door on the right just there, we sat down waiting for her to transfer my information over from her computer to the new assessment room, she came back in and then told us that everything was lost and because their office close at 3.00 pm ( by then it was around 3.30 pm!!!)

I told her lets go to the first assessment room, she told me to wait and then she went out and called one of her colleague, which he came in the room we were in and start checking the computer, her colleague again confirm that it was lost!! her colleague suggesting to her to go back to check on the computer in the previous room, which she replied she did that already !!

and by the way I remember her colleague he came to my house as a GP to assessed me and I've told him that,

he confirm what I've said in front of the (physiotherapist assessor) that is true he came to my house few years back!!

I keep on insisting lets go in the previous assessment room and that she said that she couldn't start the assessment again!!!

She said the assessment has ended, The Office is now close at 3.00 pm So we would have to come back another day!!!!!!!!!!

I was already very stressed to go there in the first place I've prepared myself physically, mentally and emotionally and this experience demoralized me more

And now I have to start this all over again and as I've mentioned they have all my old and new diagnosis lots of evidence from health professionals, by different health departments on papers, GP's, other professional's Letters or even on Scans, photos, CD, X-rays etc....

and I have to come back again and repeat myself and trying to explain, make them comprehend and prove to these people about my condition all over again.

As I'm already ill, disabled, very painful, very tired, very frustrating, more anxiety, depressed and on top of all that with very bad experience

and you are talking to a stranger about your very private and personal details about yourself and I'll have to go through that again

I felt intimidated and that I had no sense of purpose, did not care to ask me about my health conditions and impairments about my ability to carry out the daily living and mobility activities and deterioration and fluctuation over time

The approach was not relaxed and was hurried, the assessor did not allowed me the time to talk about myself and put across the impact of my health condition and disability in my own words.

The process is seriously harmful, very brutal, degrading, traumatic and damaging. A gruelling experience that has make my health and life worst

I do not want to go through this again I have never been so degraded or humiliated as I have today.

The Atos DWP Assessors lack the skills, qualifications and knowledge to make any decision.

PIP assessment is not fit for the purpose, the whole system is seriously flawed , and they should be stripped of the PIP contracts with immediate effect.”

What should I do about what happened?

please kindly help me, thank you and Best Luck to all of you out there

Hi P,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Firstly, as your post is so very long, I have found it difficult to sift out your queries and may have therefore missed them..

Regarding your treatment by ATOS at their PIP Consultation Centre, yes, you do seem to have been treated awfully !!!! :(

If you wish to make an official complaint about your treatment, you need to complain to ATOS directly.

As you will see from : This ATOS Webpage , you can e-mail them via : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your complaint.

If ATOS were aware of your Mobility limitations before the Assessment, they should have ensured that your Assessment was carried out on the ground floor as a health and safety issue to cover such scenarios as a fire and not being able to use a lift, so you do have grounds to complain there.

ATOS do have "history" with respect to a claimant being stranded on an upper floor when the fire alarm sounded, and have supposed to have taken steps to ensure that this did not re-occur !!!

You could also involve your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

However, even if your complaint results in ATOS admitting that they were at fault, this would not necessarily result in the actual PIP decision being changed.

If the PA4 PIP Medical Report is discredited, this may only result in a fresh PIP Assessment.

I see that you have quoted from Guidance given to PIP Assessment Providers, and even though this is how assessments "should" be carried out, it is classed as "Guidance"/Best Practice, and does not form part of PIP Legislation.

There is however, nothing to stop you referring to it in your complaint.

I am not absolutely sure that you have received a PIP Decision from DWP yet, if you have, and it is adverse, as a totally separate issue to your complaint to ATOS, you have one month from the date of PIP Decision Notice letter to make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the adverse decision.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You could also ring the PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

To request a copy of The PA4 PIP Medical Report compiled by the PIP Assessor at your face to face and sent to The DWP PIP DM to be used when the DM came to their decision.

If you have any problems obtaining The PA4 with a verbal request, you can make a written request which should be done as a separate issue to any MR request :

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

You should not miss your one month deadline if The PA4 has not arrived.

You can make comment that you have requested this and will submit further evidence if applicable when you receive it.

You should be aware that when you request an MR, any current PIP Awards, Daily Living and/or Mobility, that you might have, can be increased, reduced or taken away altogether, as they will look at the whole PIP Awards afresh.

Obviously if you have no current PIP Award, there is no risk involved.

See : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

In your MR request and any subsequent appeal, you should concentrate on reiterating where and why you should have scored the extra points with respect to the applicable PIP Activities and the appropriate scoring PIP Descriptor for that Activity, whilst cross-referencing to any medical evidence that you have, or may have already provided.

See also : PIP Self Test

PIP Points Scoring System

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

You might want to Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser so that you can return to your topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have.

Even though I understand that you may be very upset about the way you have been treated, and rightfully so, please try and keep any future posts to a much shorter format.

This will help the Moderators when reading your posts, pre-approval, and will make it easier to offer meaningful advice ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147372 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Medical Assessment DWP DLA-PIP Benefit 2016
Peace, I am so sorry for what happened to you..absolutely disgusting.

You will, I expect get lots of advice from the experts on this forum, unfortunately I am not one of them but having said that: The first thing that I would do is complain to your MP. Write again what you have written on here and send it by email..TODAY. They have a surgery every Friday so you should get an immediate reply. Mine is really helpful and has twice phoned PIP for me.

The second thing I would do is make a formal complaint to Atos.

The third thing I would do, is make a formal complaint to the DWP, and I don't mean the person who answers the phone. You need to speak to the manager. You then need to put it in writing to the DWP, they do have a complaints procedure. I used it once to sort out several months of being messed about and my problem was sorted within days and I got a cheque for £50 to say sorry... :blush:

Complaining to The DWP
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: Added link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peace

More
8 years 3 months ago #147375 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Medical Assessment DWP DLA-PIP Benefit 2016
Bro58,

The poster (Peace) said it was only a few days ago that this happened so he will probably be called for another assessment.

I would complain most strongly to Atos and request, in view of the circumstances that he is given a home assessment. He deserves one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peace

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago #147376 by bro58

mommaduck wrote: Bro58,

The poster (Peace) said it was only a few days ago that this happened so he will probably be called for another assessment.

I would complain most strongly to Atos and request, in view of the circumstances that he is given a home assessment. He deserves one!

Hi md,

Yes, if Peace has mobility issues, and they can gain a letter of support from their G.P. explaining why they need a Home Assessment, ATOS may agree to one if a fresh assessment is deemed necessary.

bro58

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147383 by bro58
Hi P,

Regarding ATOS having "history" with claimants suffering from mobility issues and fire alarms going off, see the following :

Here , Here and Here.

The following information was given as a result of an : FOI Request

Although all the above happened when ATOS were carrying out The ESA WCA, the same applies for PIP Consultation Centres.

You may wish to "remind" ATOS and your M.P. of the above when making your complaint.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.