× Members

Re- assessment-we're looking again at your PIP

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147544 by pat
My daughter was awarded pip from 3 January 2014 to 19 December 2016.
Letter states that we will contact you after the 19 December to make sure your receiving the right level of Personal Independence Payment.

Received Letter on 5 January 2016 dated 19 December 2015 which states we're looking again at your Personal Independence Payment and it also states that the form must be returned by the 19 January 2016. I have already telephoned and extended this by 2 week.

The form seem to be more or less the same as the first one. Can I copy what I have wrote and put it in the second one.

My daughter received a home visit last time without us pacifically asking for one (Atos). Will this still count this time around.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147550 by

pat wrote: My daughter was awarded pip from 3 January 2014 to 19 December 2016.
Letter states that we will contact you after the 19 December to make sure your receiving the right level of Personal Independence Payment.

Received Letter on 5 January 2016 dated 19 December 2015 which states we're looking again at your Personal Independence Payment and it also states that the form must be returned by the 19 January 2016. I have already telephoned and extended this by 2 week.

The form seem to be more or less the same as the first one. Can I copy what I have wrote and put it in the second one.

My daughter received a home visit last time without us pacifically asking for one (Atos). Will this still count this time around.

Hi p,

Yes, you can re-use/reiterate evidence that you used in the last PIP 2 Form, whilst also ensuring that you make it perfectly clear that the evidence is still current and applicable to your daughter's needs and limitations.

What you should not do is simply refer to previous evidence and rely on The Assessor and The DWP having access to it, or using it.

The ATOS PIP Assessor may not have access to information regarding her current PIP Award, they might not even be aware what the award is.

Maybe if you could gain a current letter from her G.P. or other treating HCP stating that she still suffers from the same limitations to add to the PIP 2, would help further.

Regarding the Home Assessment, I would not rely on ATOS simply agreeing to another, they are most reluctant to offer these.

I would therefore make a point of requesting one, reminding them that they provided one last time, whilst reiterating why your daughter needs a Home Assessment.

Again, a letter of support from her G.P. supporting a Home Assessment may help further.

See :

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS, Capita or Maximus.

PIP Self Test

PIP Points Scoring System

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #149474 by pat
Hi
I need a further extension and am trying to contact the decision maker. Been on the phone to DWP for over an hour but no one will tell me how to do this. They said they will do it for me.

I want to speak to the decision make myself which I have done so in the past.
I have ask to make a complain manger said someone is calling me back in 5 days. (about complain)

More
8 years 2 months ago #149501 by Gordon

pat wrote: Hi
I need a further extension and am trying to contact the decision maker. Been on the phone to DWP for over an hour but no one will tell me how to do this. They said they will do it for me.

I want to speak to the decision make myself which I have done so in the past.
I have ask to make a complain manger said someone is calling me back in 5 days. (about complain)

Second or subsequent extensions can be given but they are very rare, or at least appear to be, I doubt we have seen more than a handful on the forum. I'm not aware of any "right" for the claimant to be able to speak to the Decision Maker so don't be surprised if does happen this time!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.