× Members

PIP Decision Made Using Only Informal Observation?

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147714 by foss27
Hi
You have one month to appeal the decision notice.

The MR should take place at least a month later but some people are waiting more than eight weeks and others have taken place within a week without giving the claimant any time to make submissions. In any case the MR tends to just rubberstamp the initial decision because it was just set up to provide an additional barrier for claimants in the appeal process because too many people were appealing (and winning).
You could try ringing your surgery and asking to see your records. Since you can get them anyway by formal request they may just let you come in and see them, specially if you say what for. If they leave you alone you could try taking pics of the ones you want or ask how much they charge and get copies. You might be told your doctor needs to give permission so you could ask to speak to them and explain and ask for the letter as well. If neccessary make an appointment. Give them your deadlines. Make it clear losing your money will severely impact your life and your wellbeing.
I know I am lucky because I have a great GP in a brilliant surgery and I belong to the PPG but I have never accepted bad service from a GP. I have changed more than once in the past. Everyone should get the same service. Never accept bad service from the NHS, they're ultimately providing a service which we have all paid for through taxation.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by foss27.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #148089 by kirsty
Thanks so much for your reply, I also have a good GP and I changed about 3 years ago because the ones at my last surgery were dire!
I plucked up the courage to ask my GP for a supporting letter in the end and she told me to write her a letter to give permission for her to disclose my details, and another including what I want her to say and she will check through my notes before writing it. I am waiting to hear what the fee is but she said around £20 so that seems both cheaper and more beneficial than seeing my notes. I am hoping that my case won't be reconsidered before it's been written, but at least it would hopefully help if I have to appeal anyway.

• kirsty
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148548 by kirsty
Sorry to ask another question but I've just realised I don't know where to send my extra evidence as it doesn't say on any letters :pinch:
Is it supposed to be sent to the freepost address from the application form or the address on the decision letter? I think they are similar but I'm not sure if I need to put stamps on my envelope as there's currently about 20 pages in there.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148551 by bro58

kirsty wrote: Sorry to ask another question but I've just realised I don't know where to send my extra evidence as it doesn't say on any letters :pinch:
Is it supposed to be sent to the freepost address from the application form or the address on the decision letter? I think they are similar but I'm not sure if I need to put stamps on my envelope as there's currently about 20 pages in there.

Hi k,

If you want to submit the "extra evidence" that you speak of as part of your MR request, you should post it to the address given in The PIP Decision Notice letter !!

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You may find information in the following posts and from the links therein helpful : Here and Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.