× Members

PIP-Going Out/Mixing with People/Social Isolation

More
8 years 5 months ago #147638 by Richard
Hi,

I am in the process of applying for PIP from lifetime award of DLA. I suffered a severe brain injury many years ago and quite a few things are the same now as there were then. This sounds stupid but I feel that I am socially isolated as basically I have no friends to go out with other than my Wife. Can this be included in the mixing with people/going out section.

Also because the government says I have to go to work to do the right thing it means that it impacts on my home life because I am exhausted after work and often go to sleep for 3/4 hours, miss engaging with my children after tea and when I wake up my Wife is going to bed Can this be included somewhere in my PIP claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #147653 by Gordon

Richard wrote: Hi,

I am in the process of applying for PIP from lifetime award of DLA. I suffered a severe brain injury many years ago and quite a few things are the same now as there were then. This sounds stupid but I feel that I am socially isolated as basically I have no friends to go out with other than my Wife. Can this be included in the mixing with people/going out section.

Also because the government says I have to go to work to do the right thing it means that it impacts on my home life because I am exhausted after work and often go to sleep for 3/4 hours, miss engaging with my children after tea and when I wake up my Wife is going to bed Can this be included somewhere in my PIP claim.

Even though they may seem similar the criteria for PIP and the associated assessment process are very different, many of the thing that you relied on for a successful DLA claim will not result in on for PIP.

Make sure you use the latest PIP Claim guide to help you complete the PIP2 for as this explains the criteria and how to explain your limitations.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

To answer your specific questions.

Yes you can include these things, but I don't think in isolation that they will result in points, however, it may be that the underlying problems may in fact relate to some of the PP activities and help you to an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.