× Members

How to get PIP with no GP?

More
8 years 3 months ago #147816 by Nessie
How to get PIP with no GP? was created by Nessie
Hello - I live in a very rural area and am very unlucky to be one of now a growing number of people "deregistered" from my Local GP practice and am unable to access medical care from any other practice because of my geographical location.

I am disabled on PIP but I am very aware my award is due for renewal in 2017 (so from following the forums/news I am guessing this means that I will be up for renewal this year - 2016).

When I was awarded PIP in 2014 the DWP destroyed all my original paperwork. I have managed to secure copies from my tribunal appeal etc but I will need new current evidence to get my PIP.

Does anyone have any ideas how this can be achieved if you can't access a GP? Paying privately for example? If so - any ideas how this can be achieved? I have visual problems and mobility problems and I cannot write and have no printer. I get no help with my disabilities other than my PIP award.

I'm resigned to the fact that I will shortly lose not only my access to ongoing healthcare but also my income but given that NHS England stated over Christmas that over 100 GP practices in England now are not taking on new patients, I am sure I am not alone in this dilemma. And please - yes I HAVE appealed to no avail - and no my MP will NOT help. This is the reality of rural England in the C21st.

"If wishes were fishes we'd live under the sea"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #147833 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic How to get PIP with no GP?
Hi

You can obtain supporting evidence from anyone connected with your treatment or care.
If there is literally no one to provide this you need to obtain all the evidence you can, keep a diary of your day to day struggles etc.
You should also make explicitly clear on the form that you cannot get a GP to take you and that this should in no way prejudice your application.
You still have the right to treatment and should attend A & E and refer yourself to a consultant for your medical condition(s). Tell the consultants secretary that you do not have a GP but still have the right to treatment.

Does your ex GP still hold your medical record?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How to get PIP with no GP?
Nessie

If you have had any treatment at a hospital, either as an in or our patient then you can request a copy of your medical records.

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessie

More
8 years 3 months ago #148032 by Nessie
Replied by Nessie on topic How to get PIP with no GP?
Sadly I was discharged from my consultants and it is not possible to re-refer back to them unless you have a GP.

Sound advice though - thank you - I will endeavour to keep a diary.

Many thanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #148034 by Nessie
Replied by Nessie on topic How to get PIP with no GP?
The problem is, the DWP infomed me last time that unless I have up-to-date medical evidence it would not be considered? The last time i saw a consultant was in 2014. I was discharged as I was unable to access respite for the person I care for to enable me to have a prescribed operation, sadly.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148044 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How to get PIP with no GP?

Nessie wrote: Sadly I was discharged from my consultants and it is not possible to re-refer back to them unless you have a GP.

Sound advice though - thank you - I will endeavour to keep a diary.

Many thanks

You do not need to have a GP to make a subject Access request for your medical records at a hospital.

The links I provided explain how to make a request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.