× Members

Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia

More
8 years 3 months ago #147842 by Els
Hi
I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I have been on the lower rate of care and mobility for the problems I have been having, pain wise and how it has affected my mobility. I have now informed them of my change in circumstances as my health has got worse and mobility is worse than it was.
The problem I think I am going to have when trying to claim extra help with my mobility is that I do have good days aswell as bad days. They have asked me to attend a second medical at the end of this month. I am happy to attend the appointment but I don't think they quite understand how bad I am when my illness does flare up. I am worried that I may not be capable of attending the appointment.
They have said I am not eligible for a home visit.
I have sent them a pain diary, a letter from my Rheumatologist, gp, physiotherapist, pain clinic and also a letter from a lady I see for deep tissue massages.
Also..
I have been put on a new patch to help with my pain which is helping me alot. I don't think they are going to award me the enhanced mobility as the patch is helping me get around more so to be honest I look fine at the moment.
How does it work when your illness has up and down days?
I'm new to the group so please bear with me.
Thankyou in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia
Els

You should be assessed on what you can reliably do on the majority of days.

If you are receiving PIP Standard Mobility then you have been assessed as being able to walk more than 20m but not more than 50m, assuming that you have no problems with Going Out. For an Enhanced award you will need to show that you cannot stand and then walk 20m or less on the majority of days.

With regard the assessment, would your GP write to the Assessment Provider explaining why you are unable to attend? This may prompt them to allow a home assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #147853 by Andrea Willis
Replied by Andrea Willis on topic Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia
What does qualify for a home visit Gordon?

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #147854 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia
Hi

There's no automatic qualifying for home assessment but to be considered you need a supporting letter from your GP explaining how your condition means you need a home assessment.

More
8 years 3 months ago #147901 by Els
Replied by Els on topic Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia
Thankyou Gordon. My doctor has already wrote a letter but they have dismissed it.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148959 by Els
Replied by Els on topic Enjanced mobility for Fibromyalgia
Hi
I went to my assessment today. I really don't understand the whole process. She asked me the same questions that were on the form, typed it all as she was going along.
She then asked me to stand up and do a couple of movements - a couple I told her I wasn't able to do.
She said thanks for coming you'll hear from us in two weeks.
I really don't see what the point was. I get they want to see me face to face but I'm unsure how they will make a decision going by asking me to bend and move abit.
I have a feeling this is going to go badly.
She did ask me if I use a stick I said I do when I'm bad for balance and to ease the pain in my hip. I didn't have my stick with me, will they use this as a reason for saying no?

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.