× Members

Are Receipts for PIP forms normally sent?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148141 by Tnuctip
I am worried about my Indefinite DLA to PIP transfer.
Claim forms were returned mid November, by the deadline. Forum suggests invitation to medicals sent after around 2 weeks, but nothing heard for 2 months now.
My original DLA award was a paper-based decision, phoned to me by supervisor on the same day my copy of their lost form arrived.
Is it possible my forms now take a 'paper-based' route through the claims process?
I don't want to stir up a hornets nest by asking what's happening, in case of bad news. I do have more scan appointments next week, and then queues for the neurosurgeon, that just amount to useless 'appointment letters' so are not worth submitting towards the claim.
Is this a normal processing delay in SW areas?
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148144 by

Tnuctip wrote: I am worried about my Indefinite DLA to PIP transfer.
Claim forms were returned mid November, by the deadline. Forum suggests invitation to medicals sent after around 2 weeks, but nothing heard for 2 months now.
My original DLA award was a paper-based decision, phoned to me by supervisor on the same day my copy of their lost form arrived.
Is it possible my forms now take a 'paper-based' route through the claims process?
I don't want to stir up a hornets nest by asking what's happening, in case of bad news. I do have more scan appointments next week, and then queues for the neurosurgeon, that just amount to useless 'appointment letters' so are not worth submitting towards the claim.
Is this a normal processing delay in SW areas?

Hi T,

One would have expected you to have heard something if you returned your PIP 2 Form in mid November.

If your have proof of delivery, keep it safe !!

You only option is to contact your Assessment Provider, (AP) who should be able to confirm receipt.

Contact Capita : Contact Capita.

Contact ATOS PIP. (top right of page)

If they felt that you have provided enough paper evidence to make a paper based assessment, they should be able to inform you of this.

In which case, they would have returned your file to The DWP and you would need to ring The PIP Helpline for an update :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

One would imagine your PIP 2 Form has been received, otherwise your DLA payments may have ceased by now !!

You won't know unless you contact them !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• bubbles
8 years 3 months ago #148152 by bubbles
Replied by bubbles on topic Are Receipts for PIP forms normally sent?
That's interesting and would indicate there may be delays in the sw area, as my claim was returned to atos mid Nov for another appointment and I have not heard anything either. I rang atos second week of December and they said my claim was pending which usually means in the queue for an appointment.

Perhaps this means that atos are starting to get bogged down as the dwp have rolled out the transfer of indefinite dla claimants?

It would be interesting to hear from other members who are waiting longer periods too, as this can not just be delays from Christmas.

I dare not ring either!!!

More
8 years 3 months ago #148155 by mommaduck
Replied by mommaduck on topic Are Receipts for PIP forms normally sent?
Hi T,

Not sure what area you are in but my granddaughter, grandson and their maternal grandfather all have a degenerative, genetic muscle wasting disease and all were called for PIP transfer at almost the same time.

Their forms all went in mid November and only my granddaughter got her appointment notification last week, for next week. Not sure this helps? Just wondering if it is a regional problem..Stockport area
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tnuctip

More
8 years 3 months ago #148197 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Are Receipts for PIP forms normally sent?
Tnuctip
I sent my form and evidence in by special delivery, then phoned the PIP number the following day to check that they'd arrived and been signed for. They gave me the phone number of the local assessor (ATOS). I phoned ATOS four days after sending and they confirmed that the DWP had scanned in all the form pages and evidence, all 132 pages of it, and it was being passed onto their assessors.
So give them a bell and they should be able to tell you if they have your PIP2 and other info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tnuctip

More
8 years 3 months ago #148412 by Tnuctip
Replied by Tnuctip on topic Are Receipts for PIP forms normally sent?
Thanks for writing. As you are SW region too, please post again to this topic if or when you hear from them.
Will give them until mid Feb or 12 weeks before waking the dragon... Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.