× Members

PIP Indefinite award

More
8 years 3 months ago #148426 by Sylvester
PIP Indefinite award was created by Sylvester
I have been awarded the full enhanced rate of PIP for an indefinite period. I have just turned 59 years old. I go abroad to Spain for up to 3 months at a time, as I am resident in the UK, but I am taking my doctors' advice and having plenty of sunshine and warmth, as I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis and need both knees replacing. When I queried my PIP award with the DWP they informed me that I was given that award as my health will never improve and that I have 2 Chronic Illnesses. Would my PIP award be affected if I continue to go abroad for extended holidays, as I will never work again and I will be claiming my State Pension when I am 66, but my PIP award will still be ongoing, so will I receive both the PIP and State Pension together.? Also will my current PIP award be affected if I continue to go abroad for long periods? Sandra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148440 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Indefinite award
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can go away for up to 13 weeks without it effecting your PIP. See

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/illness...-disability-benefits

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvester

More
8 years 3 months ago #148458 by holdingout
Replied by holdingout on topic PIP Indefinite award
Did you actually have to go to an assessment or did you just send in your application ? well done and very best wishes to you

More
8 years 3 months ago #148970 by Sylvester
Replied by Sylvester on topic PIP Indefinite award
I had a medical professional visit me at home, within 2 weeks I was awarded PIP indefinitely. I was certain that I would not receive it this time, as the criteria is so strict. Thanks for your kind words, and best wishes to you if you are in the process of an application. This site has helped me tremendously, and I followed all the advice given.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148971 by Sylvester
Replied by Sylvester on topic PIP Indefinite award
Many thanks for your reply and the link. Could you also tell me, would PIP be paid alongside my State pension, as I am a bit unsure on how it works. I thought that when I become eligible for State pension, I will get either the PIP or the Pension, but not both.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148981 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Indefinite award

Sylvester wrote: Many thanks for your reply and the link. Could you also tell me, would PIP be paid alongside my State pension, as I am a bit unsure on how it works. I thought that when I become eligible for State pension, I will get either the PIP or the Pension, but not both.

Hi S,

Yes, you can continue to receive PIP beyond State Pension Age, (Including reaching the age of 65) as long as you continue to qualify for it under the PIP qualifying criteria.

(The important issue is reaching the age of 65)

If at some future PIP reassessment, you lose your Mobility award after the age of 65, after exhausting your full MR/Appeal rights, you would not be able to receive The Mobility Component of PIP again.

If you lost your PIP awards altogether after reaching 65 after exhausting your full MR/Appeal rights, your only option then would be to make a fresh claim for Attendance Allowance (AA) which does not have a Mobility component !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.