× Members

Work Related Activity Group Placing Appeal

More
8 years 3 months ago #148435 by carl
I have been in the work related activity group for 12 months and attending periodic interviews at the job centre. At the last interview, I was threatened with being sanctioned, which caused me to come out in a rash caused by the additional stress and anxiety (which I already suffer).

As my issue is relating to social surroundings and being outside, I am at a loss as to why I was not offered the opportunity to have my appointments by phone, which is something they do.

I spoke to DWP about this on the general phone number and was told to put an appeal to them in writing along with a letter from my GP. I have drafted some thing, if I post the main outline, would someone be so kind as to give it a quick glance over prior to sending?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148453 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Related Activity Group Placing Appeal
Carl

The first thing that you need to look at is the date of the Decision that placed you in the WRAG, you can only make an appeal within 13 months of that date, if it is longer then you cannot appeal. Also, you will need to explain in your request why you are making a late challenge, this cannot be because of a deterioration of your condition, the DWP do not have to accept your reasons and if this happens you cannot take the matter further.

The first stage to an appeal is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be in writing to the DWP office that deals with your claim, their address will be on any letter that you have received in regard your ESA award. This will not be the JC+ office that attend.

Have a look at the ESA Appeal guide for information about challenging a Decision and template letters that you can use.

Your having to attend at the JC+ is a spate issue from any appeal that you might make, if you were placed in the WRAG due to issues with Social Anxiety (or similar), then the JC+ must take account of your limitations under the Equality Act, if you feel that this is not happening then you should consider escalating the issue to your advisor's supervisor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.