× Members

Savings and national insurance based esa

More
8 years 3 months ago #148531 by Margaret Rea
Savings and national insurance based esa was created by Margaret Rea
Hi. I have had a look online to find out if I need to declare my lump sum from my private pension if I am to claim national insurance based ESA. I know I need to give them my monthly pension income but I am unsure if I have to declare the lump sum. Does anyone have any experience of this or know whether I have to?
Thanks in advance
Marg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148539 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Savings and national insurance based esa

Margaret wrote: Hi. I have had a look online to find out if I need to declare my lump sum from my private pension if I am to claim national insurance based ESA. I know I need to give them my monthly pension income but I am unsure if I have to declare the lump sum. Does anyone have any experience of this or know whether I have to?
Thanks in advance
Marg.

I'm afraid we cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, you need to get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

If you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then your assets and savings will not effect your claim and there should be no requirement for you to notify the DWP of your savings.

Please be aware that ESA(CB) is taxable and there may have an impact on your tax status if you have a regular pension payment and you take a lump sum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.