× Members

PIP Descriptor 3 - Managing therapy or monitoring

More
8 years 3 months ago #148691 by pixie01
I have a suprapubic catheter please can you tell me if emptying leg and night bags comes under this Descriptor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148697 by Gordon

pixie01 wrote: I have a suprapubic catheter please can you tell me if emptying leg and night bags comes under this Descriptor.

You can certainly argue the case but I would have expected it to come under question 7 Managing Toilet Needs? Decision Makers are unlikely to award points for the same specific issue In two different Activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148699 by pixie01
Thanks for your re-ply for got to say that I can not empty them myself, they have to be emptied by my by my wife as I am c3/4 incomplete tetraplegia would that make any difference.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148701 by Gordon

pixie01 wrote: Thanks for your re-ply for got to say that I can not empty them myself, they have to be emptied by my by my wife as I am c3/4 incomplete tetraplegia would that make any difference.

I think it unlikely but as I said it is for you to argue the point, but I would not rely on the points for it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148702 by Gordon
Pixie

It would seem to most closely match 7(e).

Gordon

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148722 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic PIP Descriptor 3 - Managing therapy or monitoring
Can i just mention that I've heard that getting a point for this descriptor will not actually change your award in any way as it is just one point. So maybe best to refer to another descriptor if possible? Apologies if this is wrong.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.