× Members

PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.

More
8 years 3 months ago #154280 by helsbelsx
Replied by helsbelsx on topic PIP assesment -transport and emergency worries.
Scored 4 points for care and 0 points for mobility.

Decision maker scored points based on the HP report which included a lot of inaccuracies. It said I had a physical assessment for a start when the woman didn't touch me let alone ask me to turn my neck, bend down etc etc as it says in the report.

I don't think any of the psychologist/neurology stuff has been looked at. I told the HP I could prepare toast/cereal and I can eat that or microwave meals, yet I would never cook a meal from scratch. I have only scored 2 points on this as my partner cooks for me and she says i could use a perch stool. I just don't get it.

Gutted and don't know how to go on with the fight. Have nothing left in me left to give. Feel so ill, so suicidal, so low. I hate being ill, hate the system.

Exhausted and giving up seems so easy to do. Sick of having to fight for what I'm entitled to, just getting through a 'normal' day is exhausting enough without worrying about how to go on worrying about money and the worry about having to fight my case and go to court.

I have looked at the info on here about MR etc and spoke to people on the dwp helpline about it but I am at the point i can't take in any information any more, my brain is just overloaded and i'm struggling away from dealing with the benefits stuff. I can't deal with any more paper work. I feel stressed, feel like i've been accused of lying, feel sick and ill about it all. I've sent in so much evidence and they have ignored it all, the HP has lied and twisted everything, making me out to be over exaggerating in my paper report I sent back to them.

Makes me question the point of being alive. Just want to be locked in a dark room and be left alone. Cannot see the point being here.

Sorry to be so bleak. Just don't know where to get it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #154287 by bro58

sparkles5 wrote: Scored 4 points for care and 0 points for mobility.

Decision maker scored points based on the HP report which included a lot of inaccuracies. It said I had a physical assessment for a start when the woman didn't touch me let alone ask me to turn my neck, bend down etc etc as it says in the report.

I don't think any of the psychologist/neurology stuff has been looked at. I told the HP I could prepare toast/cereal and I can eat that or microwave meals, yet I would never cook a meal from scratch. I have only scored 2 points on this as my partner cooks for me and she says i could use a perch stool. I just don't get it.

Gutted and don't know how to go on with the fight. Have nothing left in me left to give. Feel so ill, so suicidal, so low. I hate being ill, hate the system.

Exhausted and giving up seems so easy to do. Sick of having to fight for what I'm entitled to, just getting through a 'normal' day is exhausting enough without worrying about how to go on worrying about money and the worry about having to fight my case and go to court.

I have looked at the info on here about MR etc and spoke to people on the dwp helpline about it but I am at the point i can't take in any information any more, my brain is just overloaded and i'm struggling away from dealing with the benefits stuff. I can't deal with any more paper work. I feel stressed, feel like i've been accused of lying, feel sick and ill about it all. I've sent in so much evidence and they have ignored it all, the HP has lied and twisted everything, making me out to be over exaggerating in my paper report I sent back to them.

Makes me question the point of being alive. Just want to be locked in a dark room and be left alone. Cannot see the point being here.

Sorry to be so bleak. Just don't know where to get it out.

Hi s5,

Sorry to hear this !!! :(

Don't give up, that's what IDS and his Tory cronies want you to do !!

Many people feel like you do when initially receiving an adverse PIP decision, so you are not alone.

Give it a day or so to recoup, then look at things afresh !! :)

The success rate for PIP appeals is currently very good at around 60% !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 3 months ago #154412 by helsbelsx
Thanks bro. Getting help from my local mind as I can't do it alone any more. A guy jumped off our local multi storey car park tfriday and I fear i'm not far behind him with the stress of all this. :(
Hope you don''t mind a few questions as I am confused.
Are appeals the same as the reconsiderations?
One other quick question,
with regard to 'taking nutrition' - I need encouragement and prompting to take healthy 'proper' meals rather than just binging on a packet of biscuits/chocolate/cake when feeling low. I am not talking a few biscuits, I am taking skipping a days worth of food in favour of biscuits or eating a whole cake.... :blush: Would I meet this criteria or are biscuits/cake still counted as nutrition enough?

• bro58
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #154450 by bro58

sparkles5 wrote: Thanks bro. Getting help from my local mind as I can't do it alone any more. A guy jumped off our local multi storey car park tfriday and I fear i'm not far behind him with the stress of all this. :(
Hope you don''t mind a few questions as I am confused.
Are appeals the same as the reconsiderations?
One other quick question,
with regard to 'taking nutrition' - I need encouragement and prompting to take healthy 'proper' meals rather than just binging on a packet of biscuits/chocolate/cake when feeling low. I am not talking a few biscuits, I am taking skipping a days worth of food in favour of biscuits or eating a whole cake.... :blush: Would I meet this criteria or are biscuits/cake still counted as nutrition enough?

Hi s5,

I am glad to hear that you are seeking the support of MIND !!

The lnks to our MR/Appeals Guidance in This Post explain the MR and Appeal process.

Requesting an Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of an adverse PIP decision is the first part of the process and the DWP will carry this out and re-look at the original adverse decision.

Once you have gone through the MR process with DWP, which is done on paper evidence alone, if you are unsuccessful, you can then go on to appeal to The Tribunal Service.(TS)

These are totally independent of the DWP and are totally neutral. They will look at the adverse decision afresh.

Have a read through this recent ; PIP appeal success story

I would think that biscuits and cake would be classed as nutrition but you really need to discuss this and other issues with your MIND advisor so that they will have full details of your limitations !! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago #155808 by helsbelsx
Hi,

Sorry I never replied or thanked you properly for advice. Was not in a great place following the news that I had been unsuccessful. Took your advice and used the little energy I did have in fighting back with the help of MIND.

Wrote back a letter requesting a mandatory reconsideration and also highlighting mistakes in their report and contradictions. I think what I/MIND wrote was pretty well written and clearly highlights where my day to day struggles are and where I clearly should score points but I am aware that MR's aren't all that successful from what I've read on here so not going to get my hopes up. But the letter is a good start on arguments for appeal and I am at the stage now that I am well aware that realistically that's what I am preparing for and I'm no longer scared or worried. I am just sad that it will probably take this to 'prove' how sick and disabled I am.

I also made a complaint about ATOS. At first I struggled to find the strength to do this, but even though I was absolutely exhausted and suicidal from writing (or helping to write the MR letter) I saw a post on here about someone that had been treated even worse than I had during there assessment - being refused a break - being questioned for hours and then I think eventually wetting themselves (Sorry I might have remembered incorrectly) -but it made me want to complain even more as I feel some (not all!) the HP's tend to get a hit out of bullying the infirm/weak/mentally ill and it is NOT OK. I feel a bit better for doing so but I am worried about the implications as in my HP report it states that I have had a physical examination amongst other things which never happened and were never consented too - so panicking now that I may have to under go another f2f assessment

One other quick question,I usually get my PIP payments on a thursday. My last full amount was paid on 10/3/16. Decision that I was no longer entitled to PIP was made on the 17/3/16.
Today (On the day I usually get paid my pip) I received one weeks worth (£55.10) of PIP. Is this right? I thought I got one final payment of the £220.40 I normally get or nothing at all?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #155813 by helsbelsx
Just rung PIP for an update.
Mandatory reconsideration came to the same decision that I wasn't entitled to PIP. Unsure of what points I got but I think they probably didn't even bother reading the letter.
[removed]. Even though I knew this was going to be the outcome.
No idea how I am going to cope at a court. No idea really how it all works, even with an advocate from MIND who is brilliant, what if I am ill on the day, what if I have a break down or what if there is an emergency. Why does it have to come to this to prove how ill I am.
Cannot see the point.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon. Reason: phrase removed

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.