× Members

Mandatory Reconsiderations followed up by phone ?

More
8 years 3 months ago #148851 by mrs osteo
I applied for a M, R. 6 weeks ago, following a nil award for mobility ,I missed a call from DWP yesterday which I was not expecting .Will this affect my claim for a reconsideration does anyone know ?I applied by letter so was not told I may get phone call?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148858 by shelam
Hi Mrs Osteo

I believe that it's usual to receive a phone call after mandatory reconsideration, to explain what decision has been made and why it has been reached, and whether additional points have been awarded.

The phone call means a decision has been reached already, so the fact that you missed the call would have no effect on your claim.

Hope this is some help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrs osteo

More
8 years 3 months ago #148868 by mrs osteo
Sounds like it could be bad news then ??

More
8 years 3 months ago #148878 by Gordon

mrs osteo wrote: Sounds like it could be bad news then ??

They could be contacting you to better understand your reasons for believing you should have a Mobility award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mrs osteo

More
8 years 3 months ago #149104 by mrs osteo
I have missed 2 phone calls on the Number 08000232076 When I return call it says "you were called by the pensions service and if we need to contact you again we will call again". Is this the DWP ? or am I worrying about nothing? I have an answerphone but they do not leave a message?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149120 by Gordon

mrs osteo wrote: I have missed 2 phone calls on the Number 08000232076 When I return call it says "you were called by the pensions service and if we need to contact you again we will call again". Is this the DWP ? or am I worrying about nothing? I have an answerphone but they do not leave a message?

The Pension Service is part of the DWP, it's the "P" and deals with the State Pension and related services. See

www.gov.uk/contact-pension-service

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.