× Members

New child DLA app gone to "medical support team"

More
8 years 3 months ago #148900 by funmum
How long do new child DLA applications take nowadays please?

Apparently our application went to medical support team (or whatever it's called) on Tuesday 12 Jan. How much longer do you think it would be before we hear a result? Application was received by DLA on 31 December.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148930 by Gordon

funmum wrote: How long do new child DLA applications take nowadays please?

Apparently our application went to medical support team (or whatever it's called) on Tuesday 12 Jan. How much longer do you think it would be before we hear a result? Application was received by DLA on 31 December.

I haven't seen any information on this, my best guess is that a claim would take 13-16 weeks, although it could be quicker depending on whether a face to face assessment is required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #149098 by funmum
Well, I have just today received a phone call from DWP asking for the reason my childs application was submitted after the deadline. Worryingly this was explained in the covering letter I attached to the front of the pack.

Anyway, the officer said they have to ring up in all cases where the dla form is submitted late to ask the reason.

Is it safe to be getting my hopes up that they will be making an award since file has already been to medical services and I presumed this info about late application would only be relevant if they are considering backdating? Or do they really ring you for a lateness explanation even if they are not going to award?

More
8 years 3 months ago #149111 by Gordon

funmum wrote: Well, I have just today received a phone call from DWP asking for the reason my childs application was submitted after the deadline. Worryingly this was explained in the covering letter I attached to the front of the pack.

Anyway, the officer said they have to ring up in all cases where the dla form is submitted late to ask the reason.

Is it safe to be getting my hopes up that they will be making an award since file has already been to medical services and I presumed this info about late application would only be relevant if they are considering backdating? Or do they really ring you for a lateness explanation even if they are not going to award?

I'm sorry but I don't think you can make this assumption at the moment, I think it more likely that they are calling to see whether they treat the form as a renewal of the previous award or as a new claim.

In terms of process there should be no difference but if an award is made and it is treated as a renewal then payment should be made from the day after the previous award ended, if it is treated as new, then payment will be from the day that the form was received.

Sorry

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.