× Members

Letter from Job Center

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #148961 by mardel
Letter from Job Center was created by mardel
I am sorry if i have posted in the wrong area, I am new to this site.

I recently moved to a new borough in London and within three days of my changing my address details have received a letter from the job center asking me to go in for an interview and possibility of working. I have a long term illness and am on ESA (in the WRAG group) and receiving DLA, the lower end of both mobility and living components.

As much as I would love to go back to work my condition gives me very very limited options. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am very nervous and stressed of what may happen to me.
Thank you for reading this and again apologies if this is in the wrong area.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #148979 by
Replied by on topic Letter from Job Center

mardel wrote: I am sorry if i have posted in the wrong area, I am new to this site.

I recently moved to a new borough in London and within three days of my changing my address details have received a letter from the job center asking me to go in for an interview and possibility of working. I have a long term illness and am on ESA (in the WRAG group) and receiving DLA, the lower end of both mobility and living components.

As much as I would love to go back to work my condition gives me very very limited options. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I am very nervous and stressed of what may happen to me.
Thank you for reading this and again apologies if this is in the wrong area.

Hi m,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

As you are in The WRAG, you do have to take part in WFI's or other forms of Work Related Actviity (WRA) under threat of sanction for failing to comply without good cause.

See : Work Focused Interviews (WFI's)

Work Programme.

&

ESA Sanctions

From our : ESA FAQ’s

However, they cannot compel you to actively seek or take up employment, as being in The WRAG means that you have Limited Capability for Work (LCW) i.e. you are "unfit for work".

Any form of WRA that you have to take part in should take into account your medical conditions and resulting limitations.

If this is your first WFI, it may simply be to discuss your works history, and any help that you may need in compiling a new CV, etc, with a view to seeking work at some time in the future when you are fit enough to, that being the case of course.

bro58

More
8 years 5 months ago #148986 by mardel
Replied by mardel on topic Letter from Job Center
Thank you for your quick reply bro58! I'll have a read of the links you sent.

Thanks again :)

More
8 years 2 months ago #157238 by mardel
Hello again

Tomorrow I have to go to the again job center after my last appointment and was advised to focus on what I can do rather than I what I can't do. Having thought long and hard about this I have been considering asking the person who will see me if there is perhaps something they can advise me regarding training so I can work part time, the trouble is I don't want to appear too eager as I have a chronic pain condition that limits what I can do as much as I want to work.
I say this because I've heard accounts of people that are scared of sayint "the wrong" thing and being penalised because of it.

Perhaps I'm repeating myself and I've really tried to be positive about this but now the appointment is tomorrow and suddenly I'm really really stressing myself out

More
8 years 2 months ago #157283 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Letter from Job Center

mardel wrote: Hello again

Tomorrow I have to go to the again job center after my last appointment and was advised to focus on what I can do rather than I what I can't do. Having thought long and hard about this I have been considering asking the person who will see me if there is perhaps something they can advise me regarding training so I can work part time, the trouble is I don't want to appear too eager as I have a chronic pain condition that limits what I can do as much as I want to work.
I say this because I've heard accounts of people that are scared of sayint "the wrong" thing and being penalised because of it.

Perhaps I'm repeating myself and I've really tried to be positive about this but now the appointment is tomorrow and suddenly I'm really really stressing myself out

I wouldn't mention the part-time work at this time, but there is no problem with you asking about the training, just be aware that if you do then you may be required to attend so you need to be prepared to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mardel

More
8 years 2 months ago #157325 by mardel
Thank you Gordon, I'll post how the interview went perhaps this could help someone in a similar situation

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.