× Members

Supporting evidence photographs

More
8 years 3 months ago #149038 by limited
Supporting evidence photographs was created by limited
Hi, I'm filling in ESA renewal form, I've been in the support group for several years ( I'm also in receipt of DLA care and mobility). I have several mental illnesses. Some physical conditions, and dyslexia, etc.

I know you say how important supporting evidence is.

I always ask my GP and psychiatrist for letters of support/evidence.
In the past they have never refused, but I usually have to send them in after I send form off, because it takes over 2 weeks for them to write letter and a copy left at reception for me to pick up. In the past, care coordinators/ key workers ( occupational therapists, Community psychiatric nurses and social workers) have repeatedly refused to help me fill in forms, so now I don't bother asking them for help, and have to struggle with filling in forms myself, which is extremely difficult with all my conditions, and makes my conditions worse.

And I always either photocopy repeat prescriptions or photocopy boxes of medication.

My question is this, would it be of benefit to me to send in photographs as supporting evidence?
Such as photo of office chair on wheels in kitchen, which I need to sit on when pain is moderate or severe, to get a drink and to heat up a ready meal.
Such as photo of plastic stool in bathroom, that I need to sit on when pain is moderate or severe to have a shower.
Such as photos of mountains of possessions ( one of my conditions is obsessive compulsive hoarding)
Such as photos of filthy carpets because it's too much for me to vacuum.

Or would sending in photos go against me? Would the medical people or the DWP conclude that since I know how to operate a camera I can therefore use machinery and equipment and am therefore able to work?

Or is photos something I should save for a later date such as a face to face medical or a reassessment?

Or could sending photos now reduce likelihood of having a face to face medical or reassessment?

Sorry this is so long but it's part of my conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149058 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Supporting evidence photographs
Janet

There should be no issue with you sending photos but I would give some thought as to what photos to send.

If have stated that you have to use a chair in the kitchen and a stool in the bathroom, then there is no reason for the DWP not to accept this as fact, so your photos may not be of help.

Your "mountains of possessions" would only be relevant if you can show relevance to the ESA Descriptors.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: limited

More
8 years 3 months ago #149140 by limited
Replied by limited on topic Supporting evidence photographs
thanks,

I have it in my head (rightly or wrongly) that by only writing things, i wont be believed, and that i need to send as much evidence/proof as possible. But i think you are saying that just writing it is enough, am i correct?

when you write " I would give some thought as to what photos to send" are you saying only send photos that are relevant, or do you mean something else? (i can have difficulty understanding what someone means).

Thanks.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #149167 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Supporting evidence photographs
Hi
I think Gordon is saying to consider carefully that the photos you send can be related to providing evidence to support your answers on the claim form.
Normally if you state the aids and appliances you have to help you cope on a day to day basis this would be accepted by the DWP and it is not neccessary to send photos of them.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.